24) Rivals

Not sure if I've figured out how to do a dedication thingo properly, but dedicated to ShadowsWonderland ~thanks and still lovin the story ^^

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO So, I know it's been a while... But yay! Update!! Ps scrolls (the ones from the puppet, that I forgot about like 3 times...) explained in next chapter~ coming soon, to a wattpad update near you~

Kida's POV
The dark algae green spandex swamped my vision as I stared at the shameless individuals before me. I let my dark eyes glaze over with a neutral expression as I hid the deep fear I have for my own well being.

Guy stood in front of me, grinning in all his 'youthful' glory, and beside him was another creature similar to the adult accompanying him. Green spandex, clashing against orange leg warmers, a shiny bowl cut stopping just above the bushy catipillars that shadowed his black, excited eyes. And that white toothy smile... it's terrifyingly extatic...

"Ah Kida! What a pleasure it is to gaze upon my beautiful niece again! I knew the daughter of my life time rival couldn't be kept down for long! Of course we tried to visit you during your recovery, but Kakashi here expressed the point that you needed your rest! We did help pick out dango for you! I hope you liked it!" Guy continued to ramble on enthusiastically, never even taking a breath. I would have been concerned for his well being had I not had the overwhelming desire for him to just drop to the ground right there from oxygen deprivation...

I zoned back in when he gestured to the shorter green mass of vibrating enthusiasm. "And it's about time you met one of my students! Rock Lee!"

I just stared at the boy for a moment as he introduced himself while sticking his hand out towards me. "Good day to you Miss Kida! My name is Rock Lee! And it is truly a pleasure to have finally met you!"

My eyes flickered to his hand that, despite his excited demeanour, was held steadily out in front of him. Immediately my guard increased while still hopefully maintaining my relaxed posture. His demeanour suggests a hidden strength that shouldn't be overlooked.

I looked back to his still grinning, confident face before reaching out to accept his hand. But that damn idiot's over excited, which was further evident when he quickly stepped forward to reach my hand faster.

Without even thinking, or being able to stop myself, my other now fisted hand extended swiftly just as his face moved within reach.

Kakashi's POV
There was a hard thud as Kida's fist made contact with the centre of Lee's face. I knew something like this would happen, she was obviously uncomfortable with this particular social altercation. She still looked relaxed enough, but her back muscles seem to have tensed a bit... And Lee jumped the gun a bit by trying to get closer. Oh well, can't be helped now...

Lee flew backwards backwards as Kida's fist finished it's throw, Guy's face looked mildly dumbfounded as Lee continued to fall back, seemingly in slow motion, before finally impacting the ground with another heavy thud.

Kida's fist stayed extended as she quickly glanced at me, slight panic washing into her calm gaze every few moments. She can handle shutting down guys, that's something I can stress less about. I nod my head at her in mild approval, causing the panic to immediately leave her demeanour and her arm to relax at her side again, making me smile for some unknown reason.

Both our attentions were brought back by the small groan coming from the floor. Lee sat up slowly, his legs splayed out in front of him, a slow stream of blood dripping from his nose, and a stunned look plastered on his face.

He looked at Kida with wide eyes.
Oh no...
His gaping mouth spread into a familiar wide grin.
Oh no, no, no...
He turned his sparkling gaze to Guy who mirrored his expression.

Anxiety filled me as I watched the scene unfold.
No, Kida shouldn't have to got through this...

Lee jumped to his feet and dusted himself off while still grinning like a mad man and looking at Kida determinedly.
No, please, not like what I've had to go through...
My eyes grew wide, and my muscles became stiff.
Should we run? No, it won't change anything...

Seeming satisfied with his still rumpled and dusty appearance, he opened his mouth again to speak.

Her fate is sealed...

"Kida Hatake! I've decided that we are now rivals!"

The world stopped. The ramen shop we were still located in seemed to dissappear, leaving the four of us to stand out against a dark shaded background. Guy and Lee seemed frozen in their enthusiastic states, Kida stared uneasily at her newly acquired 'rival', and I closed my eyes and sighed in sad acceptance... it is done...

Kida's POV
"No" was the only word that could escape my mouth in response to Lee's 'proclomation'.

"Yes, we are now rivals!" He reinforced with a amusingly signature grin and thumbs up.

"No, no we're not... let's not make this a thing..." I grumbled in denial, but the depressive vibe I was getting from Kakashi suggested that my fate was indeed sealed...

"Ah yes, truly a worthy rival, Kida"

*sigh*