Part 11: 'What not even a kiss goodbye.'

ADELINE P.O.V

"What are you doing today my love."

It had been about a week since the incident had happened. Margi had been fired but thankfully she was alive. We hadn't spoken about it since, I had acted as if everything was fine but hadn't got a chance to search the library fully as Elijah and Niklaus never really left. Niklaus had tried a few times to be intimate again but I just had to keep coming up with excuses.

Today was my chance to get into the library Niklaus and Elijah were going out hunting today, it was my only chance.

"I'll probably just spend the day in the gardens."

"Not with the stable hand I hope." He cocked his eyebrow at me

"Yes, Niklaus without the stable hand." He had stomped all the fight out of me. All I did now was try being boring so he would maybe stop loving me. It wasn't working.

"Well, we should be back later tonight."

"Goodbye."

"What not even a kiss goodbye." I walked over and gave him a light kiss goodbye but he grabbed my hips and pulled me in and kissed me harshly forcing his tongue in I barely kissed him back. He left smirking at me as he went.

I felt disgusted at myself. I had completely lost myself because of Niklaus Mikelson, I had to leave here and soon, if I didn't I'm pretty sure I would lose my mind.

I sat on my bed thinking about everything that had happened the past month and a half. Everything had gone crazy I couldn't understand why my life was like this. When I and Kat came to England it was meant to be a fresh start, that was all I wanted for us to be happy. We had already lost so much, the only family we had left was each other and Niklaus had ruined that. From what Margi told me it sounded as if he wanted Kat dead. I couldn't figure out why though, I mean yes Kat was a bit of a bitch but she never did anything that would make someone want her dead. But then again Niklaus was going to kill Margi for upsetting me and he knew me and Kat weren't speaking but she was my sister and based on what she said Niklaus did love me so why would he hurt my sister, it all just made no sense.

When I finally watched out the window as Niklaus and Elijah left I raced to the library immediately thank god it was open.

I entered the room and closed the door behind me I searched the room for a key to maybe lock it. Elijah had mentioned he liked to lock it if he would be there all day. In my head, it made sense that he would keep it in the room. I looked around in all the drawers but that didn't seem Elijah's style. I had to think of where he would hide it I mean he was smart. I started to look at the walls where Elijah's favourite paintings hung when I noticed one that was of a lock.

 I started to look at the walls where Elijah's favourite paintings hung when I noticed one that was of a lock