Part 12: 'That's me.'

ADELINE P.O.V

I had never believed in the supernatural. People are born, they have a life and then they die. No one gets to cheat death it's just not how it works yet I had to face the facts infront of me. I looked over at the blood on the floor and shook my head at it. There had been times in the past where I had noticed Nik cut his hand and it was fine five minutes later I just never thought about it. I was happy. I knew what a vampire was someone who never aged, drank blood and never got hurt. I thought back to Elijah and his questions on what I knew about vervain and wolfsbane. Then it hit me, one of the very first things Nik ever said to me, 'I have been English for many years.' Maybe it was true. Maybe I had been living a lie all these years. It makes sense but I just can't. It just isn't. And yet it has to be.

I picked the book back up and continued reading. It spoke of 5 siblings, 4 boys and a girl. It named them all Finn, Elijah, Niklaus, Kol, Rebecca. I knew then and there that it was true this book had to if been created at least 100 years ago. As I turned the page I realised the rest of it was in a different language again.

"No!No! No!No!" I couldn't do this I needed to know now.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the two other books I grabbed the blue one and there was another frayed book inside of it. I grabbed and sat down on the floor and began reading.

Both werewolves and vampires are under a curse. Vampires are beholden to the sun, they are unable to be in the sun. Werewolves are beholden to the full moon forced to turn only then. If either species wants to break their cause while solidifying the others there is a ritual they can perform that will break the curse. To break the curse you will need the moonstone.

I flicked over the page and traced my finger over the design of an opalescent stone.

Werewolves and a vampires heart should be removed and squeezed into the bowl along with the moonstone. The Petrova doppelgängers blood will have to be drunk to the point of her death.

I was shaking now. It's crazy how one word can change your entire life. Petrova. I could barely breathe. I had to stop for a moment and put my hand on my chest to try and slow down my heartbeat.

I picked the book back up and flicked the page. And a sketch fell out. It was of Katerina.

At this point, I was crying hysterically. Nik was a vampire. An original whatever the hell that was. He wanted to sacrifice her for some curse. I just couldn't he was planning on killing my sister I wouldn't let him. We had to go now.

But then again why would Nik want to break this curse. He could walk in the sun. I had seen him do it many a times. I really had to think about this. Maybe it had something to do with him being an original. Whatever the hell that was.

I picked myself back up and began cleaning the entire room. I grabbed the two books and put them back into their fake covers and placed all three back on the shelves in the same positions. I placed the scroll back onto the painting and then back on the wall. I placed the other unnamed books back on the shelf and once everything was back in place except the blood spilt on the floor.

I pulled the key out of the lock and placed it behind the door and closed the painting when I turned my face back to the door. From the very corner of my eye I saw the painting of the stones again and it clicked in my mind I ran over to it and did my usual check on the painting it slides to the side and on the wall, there was a shelf and sitting on the shelf there was this opalescent stone and I knew right away it was the moonstone. I grabbed it and placed it in my pocket.

I went to open the door but stopped myself for a second. It was hard for me to believe about Niklaus and Elijah and I had the book right infront of me so how would Kat take it with just me telling her. I ran over to the bookshelf and grabbed the two books. I finally got to leave this room that now just smelt like deceit.

I walked calmly back to my room trying to look calm as I walked past a couple of maids and smiled at them.

When I reached Kats room I knocked frantically.

"Yes." She noticed it was me standing there and went to say something snide but she noticed my tear-stained face and stopped herself. "Come in."

I ran in.

"I'm sorry about everything you were right. Well, not exactly but what you said wasn't even as bad as what the truth is. Don't make that face at me ok. I need you to read these please ok just read it." I gave her the books.

She sat down and began opening the first book with a furrowed brow and I noticed when she came to the same word I did she laughed and looked at me.

"You're joking me. Right?"

"No, keep going." I shook my head.

She sighed and kept reading until her face went completely blank and I watched her finger trace the names on the page.

"Impossible." She whispered out. "But there." She kept mumbling to herself trying to make sense of everything it was something we both always did. "This book is like a hundred years old how would they of."

She gasped.

"A couple of weeks ago when I and Elijah were in the kitchen, a maid accidentally stabbed his hand and I turned around for one second to grab a cloth to wrap it and by the time I turned around again, he was fine. He said I was imagining things and I didn't pay much mind to it but now that you're saying they could've vampires. I mean I guess it's. It's true." She looked heartbroken and I hurt to see her like that but she needed to see the rest.

"Kat I'm sorry but you need to see this one too." I handed her the other book.

I watched her eyes read the first page and be confused, she traced the moonstone and flipped the page and saw our name and she too was confused.

"Flip the page."

I watched her entire body go limp as she stared at that sketch of her.

"That's me." It was barely a whisper:

"I am so sorry Kat."

"He um he wants me dead. Wait not only him but every single vampire and werewolf ever." She broke down and I sat beside her in the bed hugging her and comforting her the best I could.