Part 37: 'Do I at least get best friend love?'

ADELINE P.O.V
*IN HER ROOM*
S1e21 'Isobel.'

"Hey, you." I was talking to Elena on the phone.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to help me with the Miss mystic float."

"Any excuse to get out of the house. I'll be there now in like 10 minutes." I'll be honest I'm avoiding Damon.

"See this is why you're my favourite person."

I hung up and got changed heading to the school I got in and couldn't see Elena anywhere my phone beeped and I looked down to see it was a text from Elena telling me she was going to be late and since I'm the best person ever could I go help, Caroline and Bonnie. I walked over to them.

"Hey I'm Adeline, Elena's friend, she sent me over to replace her until she could make it." Caroline looked me up and down and then smiled, Bonnie seemed more than happy to see me.

"Hey, I've been meaning to talk to you," Bonnie told me pulling out a chair.

"The more the merrier to help." Caroline sighed.

"I've been meaning to ask you where you bought your dress for Miss Mystic because it was gorgeous and a very well deserved win by the way." I complimented Caroline and she glowed.

"Thank you. This little shop on moor street. I have been meaning to ask you where you get all your clothes because I adore your style." She was adorable. "So we will have to organise a shopping trip but for now the float." This girl definitely is in business mode.

We spent the rest of the day planning and making a mood board and then picking fabric samples and about a million other things. When I finally got back I had a shopping trip with Caroline booked and coffee with Bonnie and a full week of float duties plus a personal invite from Miss Mystic Falls to be at the celebration I was very happy when I got back.

I walked into the house to see Damon and Stefan with matching expressions. Damon went to open his mouth.

"Unless you absolutely need my help with this problem keep your mouth shut and don't ruin my mood," I warned them both.

"Isobel is back," Stefan told me.

"For fuck sake, can I get one good day just the one," I whined. "Shout for me when the bitch rears her ugly head I need a bath if I'm going to get through this."

I walked upstairs poured myself a lavender bath text Elena to ask about Isobel and plopped myself into my both to fall asleep.

When I woke up it was Stefan shouting through my door.

"Isobel's meeting Elena at the grill." I jumped up and grabbed a towel. I opened the door to see Stefan.

"Tell Elena to find out where she's staying and then I'll go and pay her a visit. I can't go to the grill she'll recognise me right away. Tell Elena I said good luck." Stefan nodded and left so I plopped myself right back into my bath.

About an hour later there was another knock on my door I threw my towel on and saw Elena standing in my room tears dripping down her face.

"Oh, sweetie come her." I pulled her into my arms and just sat with her on my bed holding her until she calmed down.

"She's awful." Elena cried out. I just kept holding her and stroking her hair.