Part 65: 'Get a new boyfriend.'

"I'm not going to school." I hid under my covers as Caroline stood above me.

"Please! It's senior year and it won't be the same without you." She pulled the cover off me.

"No!" I glared at her.

"Ade, please. Elena's going." Caroline whined. "You can't just stay in bed all day every day."

"It's called wallowing." I glared at her.

"Listen I get it, actually I don't get it like at all cause I've never been chased by my crazy ex-boyfriend who's in love with me." I stuck my middle finger up at her. "Hey! I am just trying to be understanding."

"I don't want you to understand, I want you to go away." I groaned. Caroline sighed and sat down beside me.

"You can't keep doing this Ade." I peeked out from under the covers to look at her. "Don't let him control your life. You will have fun at school, I promise." She started making puppy dog eyes at me and before I knew it I was in the shower and out the door.

"Here we are. Senior year." Caroline smiled enthusiastically.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie questioned.

"I don't want to be here." I groaned.

"Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." Caroline ordered.

"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriend hinder this experience?" Bonnie replied sarcastically.

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." Caroline continued.

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." Well no technically you met when you almost died.

"Yeah. You win." Caroline sighed.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie put her hand on Elena's arm sympathetically.

"I don't." I added.

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life." Caroline and Bonnie looked at each other and then me before following Elena.

My phone rang and I looked down to see it was Damon.

"Hey Day." I greeted trying to sound cheery.

"You sound miserable." He teased.

"Whatever do you mean? I'm great! We're not letting our boy problems get in the way of a spectacular senior year." I told him sarcasm dripping from my cheery words.

"Is that blondies idea?" He asked.

"I'm giving her a break, newly turned hybrid boyfriend and all." I leaned against my locker.

"Heads up Ade, Rebekah is here." I stood up straighter. "And Stefan is, well Stefan is a vampire with no humanity." I could hear the annoyance in Damon's tone.

"I hate everyone." I noticed Caroline and Elena waving me over. "I gotta go Damon, see you later."

"Bye Ade."

I hung up and walked over to Caroline and Elena.

"I forgot about the bonfire." Elena sighed. Caroline handed me a flyer.

"You have to go. It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year."

"Relax, Caroline. I'll be there. As long as Ade comes." She turned to me and smiled hopefully, I sighed deeply before nodding half heartedly.