Part 32: 'You look young.'

ADELINE P.O.V
*IN HER MOTEL ROOM*
S1e16 'There Goes The Neighbourhood.'

I was so angry right now I can't believe Damon actually not only thought that about me but had the balls to say it to my face after I had kept him safe all these years

What would he like me to say 'oh I'm in love with you Damon please let's have sex right now.'

No that is not how I feel and if he doesn't have the emotional stability to deal with that well that's so not my fault.

I am so angry right now. I come here to help the dick and he throws me out. Who does that, all because I wouldn't say I love you.

I do feel really bad though. No. Do you know what, no I don't feel bad he's the dickhead who excepted something that I can't give him.

I kept him and his dumbass brother safe for over a century. Do you think Lexi just so happened to be in mystic falls? No, I asked her to help Stefan.

If the idiots would've just left the damned tomb closed, went on with their lives, found friends and family or I don't know what normal vampires do. I just can't have him still pinning over me.

Why am I even here? Damon doesn't want my help. Why am I helping someone who doesn't want it?

I grabbed a bag and started throwing all my stuff in it. I am done with watching out for him he can look after himself now. Ungrateful ass.

I heard a knock on the door and assumed it was just desk lady Dorothy. I opened it and there stood Stefan Salvatore.

"Hi, Adeline." He smiled slightly at me.

"Do you need something Stefan?" I was so not in the mood for another rude Salvatore.

"Damon told me you were here and I wanted to apologise for his behaviour and ask you a couple of questions." Nice brother bad brother.

"No need I'm leaving, you and Damon can sort the tomb vampires out yourselves." He turned his head.

"Elena you can come on in." I frowned, who? "Don't freak out."

I stood as a girl walked in, well Katherine walked in. Just as I remembered her she had the same brown hair the same big sad brown eyes. But Kat, she's half away across the world the last time I checked. I just stood staring at her not saying a word.

"I know this is confusing but this is Elena, she's human. Not Katherine." I walked closer to the girl and she didn't flinch. I stared down at her and she returned my stare. And then it clicked.

"Doppelgänger," I whispered loud enough for Stefan and Elena to hear. "No, no, no, no, no."

"Are you ok?" She asked staring up at me, seemingly concerned.

"You can't be alive ok because." I clasped my hands over my mouth trying to calm down.

If there is another doppelgänger that means the ritual can still happen. He'll find out and find us both. And everything I worked the last 500 years for is gone. Fear is natural and there to keep you alive, it's what's kept me running all these years but when your afraid for that long fear begins to turn to anger.

I let out a breath and looked at her.

"You look young," I commented.

"I'm 17." Older than I was.

"You want to explain how this is possible," Stefan asked.

"No, not really," I responded turning to continue packing.