Part 61: 'It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us or you die.'

ADELINE P.O.V
*SMOKY MOUNTAINS*
S3e02'The hybrid.'

"A mountain. I mean seriously why a mountain? They could have picked anywhere and they chose a mountain!" I whined as we climbed this mountain. Stefan was carrying a very dead Ray and I was already tired.

"They're hiding," Stefan called forward to me.

"Hide where I did, on a beach," I called back.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked Stefan.

"I'm fine," Stefan responded.

"You two are so annoying and my legs hurt," I whined interrupting them. Klaus laughed at me.

"Do you want carried to love?" He asked sarcastically and I sent him a glare. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus repeated.

"I'm fine," Stefan grunted back.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a sit-down, just ask." Klaus was teasing, he was bored and wanted to play and Stefan had no desire to join.

"You know I get that we're stuck together, but if we could just skip the chitchat it would be great," Stefan grunted.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus grinned.

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Stefan complained. "

"Thanks to our pal ray we found ourselves a pack. There."

Klaus pointed to a group of trees that about 20 people were standing in, there's was tents on the outside and a large fire pit in the centre.

"About time." I sighed in relief.

"Let's do this." Stefan groaned before walking in and dumping Ray on the ground infront of everyone. I followed behind him.

"Oh my god, Ray! What's going on? Who are you?" A girl ran forward and knelt down by Ray. Klaus came infront of us.

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus." The girls face immediately paled and she stood up angrily.

"You're the hybrid." She snarled.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." Klaus smirked. He wouldn't shut up. "It's fascinating actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon and a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."

"Yata yata yata I think they get it oh powerful hybrid." He was giving me a headache. Suddenly Ray sat up and took a big deep breath in.

"Excellent timing Ray," Klaus smirked.

"Very dramatic," I added. Klaus smirked at me before turning his attention to the confused Ray.

"What's happening to me?" Ray asked starting to freak out, I felt bad for him.

"Stefan," Klaus commanded.

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it he will die." Stefan adds dramatically.

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" I looked around at all of them and noticed a blonde man standing behind the woman who recognised Ray, he kept his eyes on the ground avoiding eye contact and I could hear his heartbeat skyrocket. Human. If there was one thing I was good at, it was reading people. Klaus knew this and this was how he noticed my gaze was on him. "You." He pointed at the boy. He sped at the man and bite his arm before throwing him at rays feet.