Part 30: 'That is a good answer.'

THIRD-PERSON P.O.V
*MYSTIC FALLS*
S1ep14 'Fool Me Once.'

Anna and her mother had finally arrived in their hotel room after over a century of being apart they had missed each other dearly. All they wanted was to come home and rest.

What they didn't expect was to see Damon Salvatore sitting ominously in the corner of their hotel room.

"You knew Adeline wasn't in there." Anna began to sweat in her plan to get her mother out she had never considered how reckless Damon had become.

"You wouldn't have helped me." She answered nervously.

Hearing that Damon lunged for her mother wrapping his hand around her neck.

"No! No!" Anna screeched out terrified of what he would do. She just got her mother back, she couldn't lose her again.

"Why do you get a happy ending." He sneered out absolute rage evident on his face but if anyone close to him had been there they would've told them it was more than anger it was hurt.

"No Damon please you know you wouldn't have helped." Anna tried to plead but Damon never shifted his gaze.

"Why do you get it and I don't." He tightened his grip on Pearl.

"The guard the one at the church Katherine signalled to him before he locked us in, he grabbed Adeline and he snuck them out. Katherine had him under her spell-like everybody else." Anna continued pleading in the background but Damon's only focus was the words coming out of pearls mouth. "He let them go."

Hearing that Damon finally released his grip and Pearl dropped to the floor gasping for air.

"Last I saw Katherine was Chicago 1983, as for Adeline I don't think she knows I'm alive but last I heard she was on some Greek island. They knew where you were Damon. She didn't come for you. Sorry."

Damon slowly left glancing back at the embracing mother and daughter and cursed their happiness why did they get to be happy and he didn't.

What Damon was completely unaware of was that not too far away driving down the highway was Adeline Pierce singing along to the radio on her way to clean up his mess.

ADELINE P.O.V

Home. Somewhere to feel safe with the people you love, I hadn't had one in centuries. I had lived in many places in my life, some for months some for decades. I think my favourite was Italy, beautiful landscapes, amazing culinary delicacies, fashion, arts and history, culture it has it all.

And yet I find myself leaving, all for Damon and Stefan Salvatore. The idiots had opened the tomb. My informant from mystic falls rang me two days ago letting me know that the tomb was open and all the vampires were out and in mystic falls. What makes things even better is Damon is probably pissed that I wasn't in the tomb, so even if I try to help him with the tomb vampires he'll still be pissed.

Cute sign

Cute sign. Driving through Mystic Falls felt like driving through any old town, I didn't feel a connection or any kind of need to be here. I kept reminding myself, fix the problem then leave a piece of cake. Or at least I hoped.

You could describe this place as picturesque or quaint, but I preferred pretty town with evil people in it.

Why was I still driving? I was in this bloody town so I might as well get out and stretch my legs. I parked the car at the side of some road and got out. And that was the moment I realised my small little town wasn't so small anymore, so instead of wandering around aimlessly, I decided to ask someone.

"Hey, sorry I'm new to town just wondering if you could maybe give me directions," I didn't even get to say where to before I was interrupted.

"You're new here, well don't fret your pretty little head about it, my dear, I love new people this town could do with a bit of spice anyway. So where you from." God, why are people so chatty.

"Listen, I don't mean to be rude but I have really bad long drive brain and all I want is something to eat, so if you could point me in the direction of somewhere that serves food it would be very much appreciated."

"Of course sweetie just down the road take a left and you should see it a store or two down." She waved a little bit with her hand keeping a smile on her face the entire time.

"Thank you." I smiled back keeping the same fake smile on my face.

"Hopefully I'll catch you around town someday and we can maybe get a coffee but I need to make sure my son got home safe from school."

"Hopefully." I turned and began walking away.

" I turned and began walking away

Please have good food.

I walked in preparing myself for some chatty bartender to start talking.

"What can I get you." Instead, I got some young handsome to the point, bartender and I couldn't be happier.

"Well, that depends you got good food." I smiled at him.

"Only if you like cheeseburgers." He answered with a little smile. He seemed like a sweetheart.

"My fave. Can I get a cheeseburger with lots of fries and when I saw lots I mean loads and no weird sauce or dressing on the burger just cheese." He wrote it all down quickly on his little notepad and signalled with his hands to some blonde waiter. I had never seen someone signal to someone so sexily.

"Hey Matt, you put this order in." Well, now I at least know one person in this town by name. Matt nodded and without even a word walked away.

"Someone is not happy." I joked.

"He's all pissed about God only knows what."

"He's always like that when he's working."

"Yes, about 90% of the time." I laughed.

"What about you, like your job?" He made a face as if considering his answer.

"I mean it's not the worst but I mean it's work how fun can it be."

"That is a good answer."

"What about you any work."

"I've had about every basic job you can think of, from waitressing and bartending to dog walking my all-time fave though was probably professional equestrian." He seemed surprised.

"Why not stick with the equestrian." I tilted my head.

"Favourite horse died left on a bit of a sour note." At that moment moppy matt sat down my food. My mouth nearly watered at the scent of good food.

"Would you like a drink with that." Miserable Matt inquired. I turned to the bartender.

"When do you get off, because I despise drinking by myself." He smiled and looked at melancholy Matt.

"You got off ten minutes ago man so go on ahead." mad Matt responded and left.

"So." I looked at his name tag. "Jeremy, join me for a drink."