Part 67: 'There's the Klaus I know.'

After Damon and Elena helped Alaric take photos of the ruins they found in the cave I joined them at Alaric's to help figure them out.

Alaric and I were looking at the photos on his desk while Damon and Elena trained.

"These images tell a story....to learn the story, you have to decipher these images." Damon disarmed Elena again and she was starting to get annoyed.

"Ghost of Christmas Past" Mason Lockwood set up the cave and led us to a weapon that can kill Klaus."

After all the ghosts left Bonnie found me on a bench crying and brought me home, she stayed with me the whole night until I told her about Anna.

"Yeah, but doesn't Mikael have a weapon?"

"Yes. Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we have already found...and lost." He overwhelmed Elena again. "Bang! You're dead!" They both joined us at the desk.

"These images at the very least might tell us what that weapon is." Alaric shuffled them around.

"Then all we have to do is find out what they mean." Elena picked on up.

"Fine! Fine! If I am being irritatingly optimistic like you two...how do you suppose we do that?" Damon groaned.

"Well, if the story is about the Original Family living here, then we go straight to the source!" Elena told him.

"I call not it." I raised my hand before anyone could suggest it.

"But she's most likely to tell you." Elena pointed out.

"No, because I'm avoiding Klaus," I admitted.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Damon questioned.

"Because Klaus doesn't have my new number and he can't get it without Rebekah or Stefan's help so therefore as long as I avoid them both, I won't have to speak to him." I explained happily.

"Fine, I'll do it." Elena groaned before heading to the door.

"Love you, Lena." I shouted towards her, she mumbled something in return and I laughed.

"Speaking of Stefan, I'm gonna head to the jail to see baby bro." Damon headed out the door.

"Why is he weird?" Alaric asked me. I sighed.

"We kissed and then he tried to kiss me again and I stopped him." I admitted.

"Maybe don't kiss him?" Alaric advised.

"It's a lot more complicated than that." I laughed.

"Sounds complicated." Alaric agreed. "You know we're going to kill Klaus?"

"I know." I assured him.

"What if you get cold feet?" He asked.

"I won't." I argued.

"Adeline." He began.

"Ric." I interrupted. "I won't and if I do you have permission to snap my neck.

I failed to tell him that I have had a massive stomach ache since I spoke to Anna. All the buried feelings had been dredged back up and pushing them down was hurting like hell.

He looked like he was gonna say something else but I ignored him and focused on the pages.

I write "vampire" on a post-it note and placed it on one of the pictures. I picked up another picture and compared it to the one I just stuck the post-it note on. I noticed that the other picture has a circle with a squiggly outline that looks more like a sun, so I switched the "vampire" post-it to the other picture and write "werewolf" on another post-it and placed it onto the first picture.