Part 52: 'Andie is a journalist. Big on facts.'

ADELINE P.O.V
*HOME*
S2e15 'The Dinner Party.'

"My head hurts," I told Damon.

"I'm not surprised, I don't know what they stuck you with but it definitely wasn't vervain." He handed me yet another blood bag. "Now go get ready for our dinner party."

"I think this is a really really bad idea," I told Damon concerned.

"It has to be done so go." I sighed but got up and got ready for the dinner party.

When I came downstairs most people were already here. Including John.

"Why is he here," I whined.

"That's what I said." Jenna agreed kissing my cheek.

The doorbell rang and Damon went to open it, returning a few minutes later with Elijah.

"Jenna. Wonderful to see you again. How are you??" Elijah greeted.

"Nice to see you.

"You look incredible."

"Thank you." Damon shut the front door.

Damon, Andie, Elijah, Jenna, John, Alaric and I all sat around the table. Jenna poured some wine for Damon.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town."
Jenna began.

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s. Over the next hundred years, they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution." Elijah asked explained.

"Hmm. Because they were witches." Jenna added.

"Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem," Andie argued.

"Andie is a journalist. Big on facts." Damon stated proud and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighbouring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us. They were consumed by the fire. Could you pass the..." Elijah continued.

"I wouldn't repeat this to the Historical Society," I told him, smiling.

"It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me." John contributed.

"So, why do you want to know the location of these alleged massacres?"Damon asked suspiciously.

"You know...a healthy historian's curiosity, of course," Elijah responded.

"Of course." Damon smiled.

Everyone sat and made chitchat.

"Would anyone care for some cognac? I have a bottle that I've been saving for ages." Damon stood up from the table.

"None for me thanks. Nine bottles of wine are my limit." Alaric laughed.