Part 38: 'You know?'

ADELINE P.O.V
*IN HER ROOM*
S1e22 'Founder's Day.'

I sat in my room getting ready for the founder's day thankfully since I'm not on the float I don't have to wear a big puffy dress I had enough of them.

I finally got there and was helping Caroline get on her float.

I saw Elena standing and she looked so much like Katherine that my mouth went dry.

"I know she looks so stunning," Caroline said with this look on her face.

"Hey you are Miss Mystic Falls, you don't get grumpy and insecure you are graceful and you look stunning," I told her.

"Thank you. And you look amazing as usual in your everyday clothes." After I was finished building Caroline up we started taking photos with Bonnie and Matt.

After we were finished I saw Elena all upset after talking to Jeremy.

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked her.

"Yes fine but there's something I need to ask you." She looked all serious.

"What is it?"

"Is John Gilbert my father?" I sighed.

"I'm going to answer then I'm going to walk away because you have to get on that float. Ok?" She nodded. "Yes."

I walked away and Stefan came and took her up the float I went to stand with Bonnie and wave as the floats went past.

Elena and Caroline looked so pretty up there. We stood and waved. Damon came and jumped infront of us so I hit him a smack up against his head.

"What do you want?" Bonnie asked him.

"Just watching the parade." Bonnie rolled her eyes and went to leave.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"Away from you." She replied angrily.

"Wait I want to say something." Bonnie swings around angrily.

"Just leave me alone."

"Thank you, the device Emily spelt could've killed me so, I don't take what you did lightly. Thank you."

"I did it for Elena and Adeline." She told him, her ruff was not melting but slightly defrosting.

"I know that but I'm still very grateful and I owe you one. Enjoy the parade." He nodded at her and walked away. Bonnie looked almost guilty. We continued to clap and cheer.

After the parade, we headed back to the grill and waited on Elena while she got changed.

"So how was it being the Miss Mystic Falls," I asked care.

"So fun." She squealed.

"You looked amazing like an 1864 queen." Every time I complimented Caroline she would glow it was so cute.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"I ordered us some cheeseburgers."