Part 20: 'If she told me she wanted me right now, I would choose her.'

KATHERINE P.O.V

Things were not as I had wanted them to be. The Salvatores having an interest in Adeline I could deal with, but her having an interest with them well, to say the least, that was unforeseen. So now I had to figure out a way to keep them wrapped around my finger while making sure I wasn't doing anything that would hurt her indirectly.

Sisters can be very stressful sometimes. I love her from the heart. No matter how much we argue, we cannot be drawn apart. She is a joy that cannot be taken away. It's a great source of comfort to know I always have her to lean on. The best advice my mother ever gave me, "Be nice to your sister. Your friends will come and go, but you will always have your sister. And I promise that someday-she will be your best friend."

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Emily pulled the final string of my corset. I peered in the mirror to see Stefan sprawled across my bed. He had somehow managed to drench the sheets in blood. Cute.

He jumped up, putting a hand to his non-existent wound.

"Satan." He whispered to himself, I smirked.

"Actually, I prefer to be called the ruler of all that is evil, but I will answer to Satan." He looked up at me pure terror seeping from his features. It paralysed him as I walked closer.

"You may go Emily." I watched her hesitate, staring at Stefan but his eyes were locked at the ground. After a second under my eye, she scurried out.

"You bitch!" Stefan screamed as he stood up. This would not do.

"Sit down and stop with the screaming." I compelled. He slowly and hesitantly sat down. He went to open his mouth, but I quickly continued. "I will be asking all the questions you are going to sit and only answer me honestly."

"Now, what do you and your brother think of Adeline and me."

"Damon likes her, I've never seen him try this hard before but." He was trying to resist the compulsion I could feel it.

"Don't resist Stefan it hurts you way more than me."

"He's worried that she doesn't care for either of us or that she will choose him and I'll be upset or the other way round."

"And you?"

"If she told me she wanted me right now I would choose her." Interesting.

"What if I said I wanted you too."

"You are a demon." He seethed out.

"Forget that." I compelled. "Answer."

"If she told me she wanted me right now I would choose her." He repeated.

"And Damon?"

"Her."

I closed my eyes for a second I need to internalise all of this. I loved Adeline with every fibre of my being but it was always her. She was everyone's first in this new world. When we were young it was me, I was my mother's favourite. Always no matter what I did she always had my back. I was always Markos' first choice too. When things started with Markos I thought it would last forever. I thought we would fall in love and be together forever but one stupid choice in a bloody hay Stack and everything was gone. I told Adeline immediately and she kept it a secret, she would read all these books about herbs and medical remedies. And when I was 2 months I was constantly sick it was becoming hard to hide so she rode to the neighbouring village. They had a healer whose son was obsessed with her. She ran into him and begged him for the medicine. He only agreed if she kissed him. So she did. That was one of the many many things my sister gave up for me, her first kiss.