1.13: Cannon Fodder Older Sister Counterattacking On The Reborn Younger Sister

As soon as she said it, a big carrier from the sky immediately landed on her slender hands.

"Host, check what it is. Before you really had very few luck points, but now you only need 1 luck point until it reaches 100, so you should take advantage of it in anyway possible." Xue Yun intently stared at the bag, trying to guess what is inside it.

Yu Meng rolled her eyes speechlessly at how comically the world's consciousness was acting up only because of the luck around her.

Truthfully, luck is especially an important factor for both for the human beings and the task-takers, also known as transmigrators. Luck points can bring more chances of getting something rare or encountering someone beneficial to the mission. For example, as you can currently see that something landed personally in Yu Meng's hands up straight from the sky. 

Or perhaps when she just met Qing Yuan, the encounter was maybe entirely because of her fortune or predestined fate. If there is a very few luck points, the owner might really have bad time completing their task and the risks of getting killed during the mission will also be greater.

Anyway, Yu Meng curiously opened up the bag and discovered....a bowl of kung po chicken with rice and a cup of soy milk? Indifferent staring at the seemingly delicious meal, Yu Meng virtually face-palmed herself, then packed the food up into her bag.

Even though it seemed it just disappeared as soon as she put it into her bag. Unfortunately, the system, Xue Yun, who had bit of doubt about whether her host had private space within her or not, didn't had the time to witness any of the scene.

Yu Meng saw the sky was increasingly darkening, thus decided to go home as quickly as she could, before meeting any kind of mishaps. Even if she could save herself during dangerous or life-threatening kind of situations, but most of the time, it costs the experience points, which will probably make Yu Meng's heart bleed.

"Xue Yun, I am getting pretty late today, but there things after things popping out in front every time I start walking. I just hope it doesn't happen once again." Yu Meng pouted her lips and started to mutter something, which could only vaguely be heard from the far distance.

She ventured through the twists and turns, then finally saw the magnificent Fang Mansion.

Yu Meng hastily approached for the door knob to open the door, but as soon as she proceed to it, the hem of her dress was pulled by dirty hand covered in countless bruises and injures.

She slightly raised her slender brows in surprise and turned to face the owner of the hand. What she saw was a man in ragged clothes, which was oversizing him in length and there almost a hole everywhere. His shoes were tattered. The dishevelled black hair was almost reaching until his waist size.

The expression on his face was a slightly pleading and his eyes were brightly staring at her in expectations. He was crouching on the ground, as he tightly held onto a shabby baggage. The man was clearly a beggar, but there was something beyond the two his black pupils. The pupils were unnaturally dazzling, and what is more surprising is that, the dirt and sweat he has been enduring couldn't hide his intelligent eyes. 

"Can-can you please help me?" A hoarse brought Yu Meng back to the reality, as she looked at him and gently frowned. "Sure," Yu Meng thought about giving the poor man the bowl of kung po chicken with rice and the cup of soy milk, then she opened her bag as she took out the food from her storage space and bowed down a bit to hand him the bag of food, "Take this food and in the future try to find a job, so you won't need to in this kind of situations."

He stiffly accepted the carrier and looked at her. The man's gaze on her immediately froze as an astonished look replaced it in his eyes. His gaze was rather to intense that Yu Meng felt a bit of pressure. Just as she was ready to enter the Fang Mansion, the originally silent man hastily blocked her way to the entrance and uncertainly yet with a trace of excitement within his voice, asked, "Can-can you give me a job?"

Yu Meng: .......

Mate, I was only pitying you, where am I going to get you a job from? 

This is only be my first day here, how do I know about what kind jobs there are?

And the original Fang Ying was from the countryside, she maybe even didn't know as much as Yu Meng does about the current event taking place here and there. Yu Meng violently coughed, as she turned around only to find the man excitedly looked towards her. She hesitated for a moment, and then narrowed her sharp-phoenix eyes as she sharp glint flashed in her deep black pupils, "Ok, then what kind of job can you do?"

Yu Meng wasn't a saint and she didn't need to pretend to be one. She always weighed the pro and con of the situation. Normally, she would have ignored the man, but she found the man a bit mysterious, yeah not just a bit, but rather seriously mysterious?