*Part sixty-three*

third person pov
———————————

monday, yuck. the boys are pretty used to not seeing san in the car, but mingi is still trying to get used to him not being in class with him. it hard when he was his seat buddy, locker buddy, test cheater. but that ones a secret.

"you seem upset" lia said, sitting in san's original seat "still not used to him not being here?"

"i don't know why, i've been okay at home, on the way here. but it just doesn't feel right when he isn't here" mingi shrugged, looking toward the short girl, who went cute pigtails today to hold her long hair out of her face.

"maybe because, at home, you might see it as he's just at a sleep over, or he's just locked in his room. at school your brain starts realizing somethings not right" lia stated, the girl was smart, sometimes too smart and that scared mingi.

"maybe" he shrugged again. the younger sighed and rested her haid on his shoulder. the hwangs were always super close with the kim-park family, everyone knows that. but, most people are shocked to find out that lia and mingi are insanely close. now, this closeness was never really apparent when they were little, mainly because they didn't have classes together. but it's pretty easy to realize that they're close now.

"san's doing okay though? you told me you called him on saturday" she said, watching mingi's fingers tap against his leg, and eventually just grabbing the girls hand for a form of comfort.

"yeah, he met a friend, said he's cute. i'm sure they'll get married one day or something" lia giggled at the boys comment "he said he was gonna watch my dance cover, i don't get to talk to him until next week, so i'll have to remember to ask if he liked it" mingi said.

"i'm sure he did" lia smiled.

"what about you, i feel like for the past few weeks every conversation has been about san, i haven't really got to talk to you about you" mingi said.

"hm, well now that yeji isn't home much, we've been doing her chores. which by the way, she has the easiest chores"

"oh my gosh, yunho does too" mingi laughed

"ooh! i started talking to eunji again!" lia has established her liking for girls a while ago, she isn't really sure if she likes boys, but she's still young enough and has time to figure it out. eunji is her crush, they were friends but then something in eunji's family happened and she had to move. but recently they started texting again.

"she's back from canada?"

"she is, but she's living in busan now instead of seoul, that's where her grandparents are from i guess" lia nodded

"well i'm happy for you jisu" mingi knows lia really only gets called jisu by dahee and ryujin. everyone else just sticks to her birth name. but mingi likes to feel special so.

"thank you" she smiled brightly

lia was mingi's newest safe place

~

"i don't get this" wooyoung said

"let me see" seungmin said, taking the paper from the boy. ryujin looked over their shoulders while chaeryeong just wasn't paying attention