One shot: Fenrys's Birthday

"Fleetfoot," the Queen of Terrasen declared as she stormed into Fenrys's room. "ATTACK!"

The drooling dog ran up and hoped on to the wolf's bed, where Fenrys was hiding underneath the covers.

"Leave me aloneeeeeee," Fenrys groaned as the dog hopped up and down on the bed, wagging her tail as she stomped on Fenrys's face. 

Fenrys pulled the blanket over his head even tighter, which only caused the puppy to start whining and pawing at the covers.

"Now before you get mad at me," Aelin said, as she stalked towards the bed, morning sunlight gleaming in through the massive windows.

"I already am."

"I get to tell you this once," Aelin said, and pulled the blanket down to reveal a glaring Wolf. 

She smiled, "Happy Birthday."

"Piss off," Fenrys said, and then tried to pull the blanket over him again but Fleetfoot jumped onto him and started slobbering his face.

Fenrys had to forcibly remove that dog from his face, before she licked all of his skin off.

"Geettt uppp," Aelin said, dragging Fenrys out of bed. Literally.

Fenrys landed on the ground with a loud thump, and his hiss was quickly cut off by Fleetfoot who wasn't giving him a break.

"Who told you when my birthday was anyways?" Fenrys asked as he grungily got to his feet, while Aelin smiled and crossed her arms at him.

"Rowan did," Aelin answered. "And he also told me that you would have this exact reaction, and that he would run away and never come back if we threw you a part and made a big deal about this."

"So where are my bags," Fenrys asked as he scanned the room.

Aelin grabbed Fenrys's arm, a blanket he kept draped over his shoulders like a cap where Aelin could see a hint of bare muscle.

"First off, I'm pretty sure that only me and Rowan know about this in the palace, but I can't say the same about Lorcan telling Elide and whatnot, but its not like anyone is coming here."

Fenrys still glared at her. "This isn't a good day. So don't pretend like it is. It's a bad day in which I don't need to be reminded how old Connall would've been."

Because today wasn't only Fenrys's birthday, but Connall's as well. And it was his first birthday since he died. And anytime his birthday was brought up, it was like a big slap in the face of Connall.

Aelin only jumped on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Which is why, and your welcome, that I'm not making a big deal of this. But I will be forcing to eat the chocolate cake I made for you as breakfast, and take the day off work, I will as well, so we can do something fun."

"Like?"

Aelin bent into his ear, "We should play spot the pretty female at the bar that Fenrys can have dinner with the next night?"

"No."

"How about who can flirt more people into submission?"

"Tempting, but I'm pretty sure that Rowan would kill me if I let you flirt with other men."

"Well he doesn't have to know."

"How are you the most loyal but unloyal mate ever?"

Aelin huffed, "Fine. We will do something that you want to do."

"And will His Hawkness be joining us today?"

"We can dump him with all of our work, we can do something with his old ass in the night, like go to a bar or something."