How the tale could've gone pt 2

One last "how the tale could've gone"

To give you guys some content 

But first

I have some story recommendations since if you're here I'm assuming your a Fenrys fan

Anything by @LadyMoonbeam05 is amazing and you must read it

I command you; thank me later

And another story called "The Edge of Memory" it's on AO3 and like soo good. 

It's mainly focused around the cadre, and it as an original character, but its like the orginal  character and the cadre adventures. Just read it. 

Anyways back to this story

Essentially Nia finds out about Fenrys and Maeve through nightmares

[Fenrys has nightmare of Maeve forcing him to bed]

"FENRYS"

The wolf's head darted awake and looked around wildly trying to remember where he was.

"It's okay, just a dream, just a dream."

Inhale. Exhale.

His parents home, that's where he was, where he grew up. The stars shone outside and the fire that was going had died out. He was on the couch that he passed out on, Nia beside him instead of on the adjacent couch of when he last saw her.

"Just a dream," Nia said softly, still in that white sweater. "It's okay."

Her eyes were silver lined and she was staring at him. But Fenrys only looked up at the blank ceiling and let out a breath.

Nia leaned herself back on the couch, her beautiful brown eyes watching Fenrys carefully as he took in another breath.

"How much did you see?" he finally asked.

"Enough," Nia whispered.

Fenrys blew out another breath, staring at the ceiling above.

A long second passed, then, "You know I've seen other nightmares you've had," Nia said, adding quickly, "Usually just glimpse or flashes, mostly towards the end. Especially since you wake from them so often. Usually the person I'm assuming is Maeve and a woman screaming."

"Aelin," Fenrys answered softly.

He knew that Nia was still looking at her, even if he refused to. Nia asked, "Did you," she cleared her throat, "Lie about anything else earlier?"

"Not about the king shit or my brother," Fenrys replied honestly. "So no."

Another long minute passed.

Then Nia asked, "Was there any reason why you, or just because she could?"

Fenrys shook his head, "I didn't tell you the full story, sorry." He sighed and Nia only waited patiently. Fenrys said, "I said no to the blood oath, to Maeve. And believe it or not, but it's a horrible idea to say no to the person who can ruin your life and kill your family." Fenrys sighed, "But Connall has always been in my shadow, and so when I got recruited to this elite force and Conall didn't, he took the oath."

"And so when I returned," Fenrys went on. "I....I found out that Maeve was forcing him to attend to her in bed."

"Oh my god," Nia murmured.