Chapter 35: COUNT DOWN TILL REUNION BEGINS

Fenrys

Fenrys dipped his head in a long, exaggerated bow. "And it's an honor to be in your very presence, your highness."

Sartaq's dark eyes sparkled in the light as did his professional uniform explaining to Fenrys that he was just at a meeting a moment ago.

"Oh please none of this nonsense," Sartaq said as Fenrys stood up smirking, and then clapped each other on the back.

If looks didn't explain everything, then scent's confirmed it, that all of his friends were okay. And even though he didn't see the Southern Continent gang often. He saw them more than most of his friends. And was close with them.

"Yes please," Borte groaned, a ring flashing on her finger. "All of this emperor shit is going straight to his head."

But she hugged Fenrys tightly, to the point where his lungs were squeezed like lemons. Her twin braids some how didn't whack him in the face.

Borte muttered, "Weren't you in chains for the past couple of weeks? Why do you smell lavender?"

"Maybe you have a heightened scent of smell and you're picking up my scent," Fenrys smiled, pulling away.

Borte's dark eyes widened. "Really?"

"No."

She smacked his shoulder surprisingly hard. "Don't get my hopes up about being Fae."

"Still have fan crushes on immortal warriors," Sartaq teased.

Borte crossed her arms. "When someone like Yeran is your husband you might feel the same."

"Talk any louder will you," shouted a voice that Fenrys knew was Yeran, from rooms away.

So her husband was here. Good, Fenrys supposed. Fenrys had nothing against the male but was still confused if Borte actually liked her husband.

"Good," Borte retorted. "I didn't want to have to shout."

There was a soft snort in the distance, but silence after.

Sartaq gave an apologetical smile to Fenrys, "And I will be the only civil one here apparently. Are you feeling okay? Did you get something to eat? I heard the ladies went out this morning."

"Yes, yes, and hopefully they will come back in one piece," Fenrys responded.

Aedion snorted. "With Lysandra there I highly doubt that."

Borte whirled. "They went where."

"Something about going to the Torre and ruks," Sartaq explained.

Borte gaped like it was a felony. "Without me."

"Shocker," Sartaq said.

Borte kicked his shin, and then immediately started storming for the hall. "Fenrys stay alive till dinner. I have your mate and her friends to find."

"Have you met Nia yet?" Fenrys called.

"No, actually. I got in late last night. Looking for you."

"I appreciate it."

"Your sorry ass better. Do you know how many nights I stayed awake thinking I may never see your pretty face again?"

Sartaq muttered to him and Aedion, "Yet if I went missing. She wouldn't even blink twice."

----------------

Late into the evening the friends chatted, and Fenrys wrote down everything he knew of the Pit and what Nia had told him. He planned on making sure that she didn't have anything to add later.