Chapter 1 :- Office

Note: In the previous chapter, I had to edit it because my younger brother accidentally pressed the "Publish" button on only half of the chapter. If you missed Aryan's part, please go back and read it. Sorry about that, friends! 😁

In New York

Aryan's P.O.V.

I woke up to my alarm, feeling a little weight on my chest. I looked down and couldn't help but smile. There she is, the light in my dark world—my sister, my twin. She's the only one I truly love, the one I care about. I live for her, and I'd die for her if I had to.

She's sleeping like a little angel—because that's exactly what she is. One of her hands is resting on my stomach, her leg is draped over mine, and her head is on my arm. Without thinking, I start to gently stroke her hair, a smile spreading across my face.

Ha! How much I wish I could stay like this all day. It's when I'm like this that I feel like the happiest person in the world, holding an angel in my arms. But I know I can't.

So I carefully lift her head and lay it on her pillow. To replace myself, I slide in Tanner... Oops, I forgot to introduce him! Tanner is her big, white, and blue teddy bear. He's been with us since we were little, a constant presence in her life. He's her comfort when I'm not around.

I watch her for a moment as she cuddles up to Tanner, completely at ease. It's moments like these that remind me why I'm here, why I do what I do. She's the reason I fight, the reason I work so hard. I can't let anything happen to her. As long as she's happy and safe, that's all that matters to me.

 As long as she's happy and safe, that's all that matters to me

Well, Ariel has two best friends. The first is, of course, me—duh! And the second is Tanner, the teddy bear.

Sorry, let's get back to our topic.

Yes, I replaced my body with Tanner so that 'she could have someone to cuddle with.' Those were her words, not mine!

I made my way to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, took a shower, and got dressed.

I go back to my room and see Sleeping Beauty in same position, I leave her. I shake my head smiling softly. Then I gently start to wake her up.