Chapter 47 :- Numb

Aryan's P.O.V.

"W-What ?"

I frozed.

We turn around only to see Ari standing on the door with teary eyes. But she didn't let her tears fall. Arnav is standing beside her with clenched jaw and fist. He is looking furious.

Fuck, she heard it.

From the corner of my eyes, I can see Arjun and Aarav's widened eyes.

I don't want her to find out about this. Atleast not this soon.

A drop dead silence.

She came infront of Damon. Her back was facing us.

"Did you hate me that much that you s-sold me, Dad ?" She whispered. But Everyone can heard it.

She is broken.

I closed my eyes tightly. I can't see her trust broken again. I opened my eyes.

Damon standing there looking guilty but trying to defend himself.

"I-I am s-sorry Ari. I was f-foolish. P-ple-ease forgive me. D-Don't worry, I-I will not let anything happen to y-you." Damon stuttered infront of her.

At this point, I scoffed.

Ari didn't said anything. Her back is facing me But, I could tell, her eyes were showing pain and betrayal.

He continued "A-Ari, Princess. Please trust me, I will not let anything happen to you. A-At that time, we were foolish but now we really regret it. We really love you a l-lot".

Damon hugged her.

But what shocked me most is she didn't hug back. My heart sank. If you know Ari well, you can tell She loves Hugs. She never leave any chance of hugging someone. For her, Hugs Can heal everything.

Today seeing her like this, breaks my heart. My Sister is broken. She couldn't have expected this from her own father, of course no child expect this from their parents. I can feel my tears on its edge, seeing my sister like this.

Damon's phone rings. He pulled out from the hug and receive his calls. But my attention is on my sister. She is still standing on her place staring at the space. She is not crying, but not speaking anything too.

I never saw her like this.

Even after 12 years of torture, she is still my little ball of sunshine and hope. She never loses her hope, her light. But today, it's not there. And it pain my heart.

She turned around and go upstairs towards her room without uttering a single word.

I want to hug her, I want to comfort her. I want to caress her hair and want to tell her that 'Everything will be going to fine, I will not let anything happen to her'.

But, I can't. I don't know why but I don't have a courage to even face her. It's like I am ashamed of myself. I am unable to muster up my courage.

Damon came back.

I so badly want to torture you right now, Damon Moretti.

I left from there thinking if I will stay there any longer seeing his face, I might end up killing him.

I slammed my door open and sit on the edge of my bed. I kept my hands on my head and sit there for some time.

What if I will failed to save her again ?

What if I can't get my old Ari back ?

What if I can't see my sunshine ?

What if she-