Chapter 3 - Ander

Ander moved silently around the library and scanned for an available computer. One that humans could not observe his actions. It was increasingly problematic to find in libraries. He required about fifteen minutes to complete some research and another minute to hack the lax security at the library and access the site required. Will had no confidence in Ander's ability to function in private. He was forced to complete research at the public library because privacy was a luxury he no longer had access to.

An ideal spot in a corner with only a window behind it fell into view. He passed a female who sat across from the empty computer and noticed her thick dark hair with a tint of red from sunlight that cascaded through the window. He glanced at her face. It was soft and rounded that lent her a youthful, gentle look. Unable to see her eyes because she looked at her keyboard. Either way, she was not a threat.

Ander shook his head and concentrated on the task. As predicted, it took seconds to ease by the security and to the website he desired. He located the weapon they were interested in and memorized all needed details. His Aunt Mason handled most transactions because she was an excellent negotiator. Every year she saved them thousands of dollars on equipment and weapons. Although Ander and Will led the transient lifestyle of soldiers, they had more expenses than the average soldier.

Ander raked his hair back and scanned the area to be certain he had gone unnoticed. After his examination he brought his gaze back to the screen, only to be halted by a pair of upturned dark brown eyes that stared at him above the screen across from him. As soon as their eyes locked, he became transfixed.