Chapter 71 - Maeve

Maeve laughed at Will's story as she finished her drink. He was drunk. Every few words he'd slur. Although he had a good sense of humor, she'd never seen him so relaxed since they'd met. For once, he didn't scan the room for unknown threats or check the exits. He smiled and laughed easily. His stormy grey eyes lightened and shined when he'd told her the funniest parts of the stories.

When he spoke of Ander, his masculine features softened a bit and made her heart melt, sensing the love he had for his cousin. She'd responded positively and tried to reinforce their relationship by reminding Will how much Ander respected and trusted him. Will beamed at her subtle compliments. Disturbed by how much Will drank; she'd never seen anyone put away that much alcohol. He hadn't been this drunk two days ago when he'd admitted he liked having her around.

"I hope you aren't somehow evil or a monster." Will swayed in his seat. "Not sure I could cut your head off now." He leaned over and fell into her. "Nope, don't think I clood," he touched her neck to make his point.

"Well, that's a relief, come on, its time to go," Maeve stood.

Will almost fell out of his chair, but caught himself and laughed. He stood and stumbled a bit before he dug in his pockets.

"What are you looking for?"

He stumbled out of the door. "Keys." He scanned the parking lot. "Where'd I park?"

"You are Not driving,"

"Course I am,"

There was no way in hell Will was driving anyone, including himself, anywhere. Maeve picked up her pace and got in front of him, and stopped a few steps ahead. He nearly walked into her, but stopped as their bodies touched. Maeve felt the warmth of his skin, even through his clothing.

"Will, you can't drive. I need you to trust me."