Chapter 87 - Sorcerer

He allowed the events to play out and chose not to make himself visible. Not the correct time. Finally, his vessel had given in and used the power for the eleventh time in seven days. At this pace, it would restore his own power in a matter of weeks. The sorcerer found the interaction with the other restless spirits amusing. He could have intervened on their behalf, but it served no purpose. They would not be part of his army. Their souls did not matter.

He glided closer to the female. She vibrated at a higher level than the shades, feral human, or his vessel. His vessel seemed concerned for her welfare. Could be advantageous later. A burst of power and energy saturated him. He flexed his incorporeal hands with satisfaction. Yes, she was useful; she had caused his vessel to use their power again.

The sorcerer had searched for months, unable to locate him because he had not used the power. His area of influence was vast, and the tether was still in place that bound his vessel to him, but he refused to spellcast. Occasionally he perceived a tug of the tether to move east or west, but could not get close enough to track him. The events of the evening made it effortless to monitor his vessel. It would not be long before he gathered enough power to take his vessel again.