Chapter 62 -Will

Will thought about his plan and wondered if he'd fucked up by agreeing. They had caught him and Ander while checking the location, not because they'd made a mistake, but because Lady Thana had a vendetta against them and been searching for them. They'd learned from the turncoat, Tessa, she'd been tracking them on and off for a couple of years. Made sense. The last time they'd ran into her was back when his father was still alive. Bloodbags had long memories and were patient as fuck.

Will glanced at Maeve, shuffling into the room. The guard didn't hold her arm anymore. He narrowed his eyes and watched them. If he had to guess, he'd say she enthralled the giant of a man. The obvious care he took as he locked her back up made Will's skin crawl. When she gave him a small smile, the hulk gazed at her. What the fuck was that? Why did every male she come in contact with get stupid over her? Definitely not a normal.

Wanted to be pissed for her getting caught and complicating their plan, but he got how vampires worked, even with the warding on the SUV. If the bloodsucker was old enough, the warding wouldn't have been enough to keep them out of her head. He'd only agreed to the half-baked plan because it was simple, at least till she showed up. If she hadn't been mind fucked and still been in the SUV and he and Ander would've already started taking heads.

Perhaps you should have stayed away, the female voice whispered in his head.

Fuck off and get out of my head bitch, Will snapped mentally at Tessa before he could stop himself. Never great at controlling his mouth, and as he found out, he was worse with telepathic communication. Hated someone in his head.

For someone who desperately needs my help to escape, you could try being a bit less rude, Tessa quipped.

You said you wanted us to take out your Queen Bee. Get to the point, Will grumbled. Weird to hear himself think in his own voice.

The female Mort returned with has complicated things. Lady Thana now has other plans when she wakes.

You let me worry about the female. What's her weakness?

What it always is, arrogance and vices.

You should be talking to Ander, not me. Fucking arrogance and vices - what the hell's that supposed to mean? Will looked at Ander, who studied him. Ander wanted to communicate with the betrayer, but Will told him no. Ander's head was still too mixed, wasn't worth the risk.

The female, she isn't what you think she is. I know you think she's a monster, but she isn't, her velvet voice commented.

What? What did that have to do with anything? Proved his point though, bitch was in his head rooting around. Exactly why he'd always said freaking psychics were nosy busybodies.

The female with the sweet blood.

I know who you're talking about. Wasn't gonna talk about her with anyone, especially not a fucking monster.

She isn't a monster.

And you know what she is?

No, that's what is unsettling and intriguing to Lady Thana. I have met nothing like her before.

Will's stomach clenched, and he wished Ander could've had the conversation. Fucking fantastic. You know not all monsters have fangs or claws.

You're right, some of them hunt you and your family until there is no one left. Anger made the vamp's mental voice bitter.

Right, we're the bad guys here. This is bullshit. You have nothing or you're stalling. Will was done with this bitch in his head. Time to boot her.

No. I apologize, it's been a very long time since I have conversed with someone. Or rather, someone that was not an intended victim or part of Lady Thana's plan.

So glad I could help with that. Get to the how to destroy your queen bee.

Yes, of course. Tessa paused before continuing. She is arrogant and although she realized you are more powerful than during your last encounter with her; she underestimates you both.

Typical. Monsters nearly always underestimated him and his cousin.

Also, she craves variety in her diet. She had a weakness for unusual blood, hence her reaction to the female and she also likes youthful blood.

Guess she's taking after her old flame. That fucker only ate children. Part of why he got destroyed. How's this useful?

She is distracted by the female and now intends on drinking her first thing before tending to you both. There will be a small window where you can make a move against her.

Do you mean when she has her fangs in the female? Will questioned, and flexed his hands against the zip ties.

Yes, of course.

Not gonna happen.

Why? That's the perfect opportunity. Her defenses will be down. She will rely on me to alert her if there is a problem. Tessa's voice was filled with confusion.

Nope.

I don't understand.

Of course you don't you're a blood sucker, you don't really value human life.

I didn't suggest you allow Lady Thana to drain her. Tessa sounded offended.

Didn't say you did. Listen, the point is she isn't sinking her fangs into anyone, especially not the female.

Interesting.

Something about her tone annoyed Will, sounded a little too pleased with herself. What?

I didn't read that wrong; you care. You both do. I only said that so that Lady Thana would focus more on the female. But it is the truth.

That's not what I said. Either way, come up with a different idea, otherwise I'm going back to my original plan. If there was a hell, this is what it'd be. Some asshole in your head having pointless conversations with you. That and there'd be no alcohol.

That will surely get you all killed.

In your opinion, maybe I didn't let you see everything. He wanted to rub the back of his head to calm down. If this went on much longer, he was gonna to lose his shit.

Perhaps. Both of your minds are more guarded than I expected. Fine. Lady Thana will not drink from the female. You will not like the alternative.

Which is?

I will have to unleash the new kin she has created. When they are first made, they are more beast than human. It will cause chaos. Tessa replied. Her tone sounded resigned.

Perfect. Chaos works. Keep things controlled on your end. Once we take out the fodder, we'll take out the Queen. Will told her and stared at Ander and explained the update without words.

And Mort and I walk away as agreed?

Yeah, for now. he replied and mentally made a note of a year or two reprieve before they started seeking them again. He knew she'd get the message.

Yes, yes, you reserve the right to hunt us if we misbehave.

When? he asked.

Just before nightfall, you will have 30 minutes. I will give you notice.

Good, now get the fuck out of my head before I force you out. She pulled back, the strange cold chill he'd sensed in his mind gone. He shook his head, didn't matter who or when it happened, every time someone was in his head, made him feel queasy. He turned back to Ander and signaled the time-frame.