Chapter 13 - Maeve

Maeve woke up at the sound of some rock song that blared next to her. Dazed, she opened her eyes and peered at the unfamiliar surroundings. Where was she? She began to panic until Will stirred behind her. He moved his arm from around her to answer his phone.

"Yeah," he paused, his voice still sounded sleepy. "The motel. You told me to stay in. Ok. You picking up breakfast?" his voice now friendly.

His warm body was still pressed against hers. She knew she should've moved, but despite not having an ounce of softness to him, it was quite comfortable curled against him.

"Well, you're already out. I need to, eat." his voice sounded husky at the end. He took a deep breath. "No, I just woke up, is all. Great. Bring extra donuts. Because, we need them." he paused and swallowed. "I don't know. You should call him. I'll keep watch," he said and rushed to the end before he ended the call.

Maeve laid perfectly, still unsure of what to do. It hadn't been a great idea to crawl into bed with a stranger and in the light of the day she was more unsure of her choice. Her body, however, was perfectly fine with the arrangement. She had to force herself not to touch him. Never in her life had she acted so impulsively or had the strange cravings as she seemed to with both of them. Had to be the soul touch. She hadn't allowed herself around the people so soon after it happened before. Had to be why she was so out of control.

To her surprise, his arm wrapped her again, and he took another deep breath. No mistaking his excitement as the hard length of it pressed into her lower back. She sucked in her breath. It was huge, just like the rest of him. To say she was intimidated was an understatement. Her body completely betrayed her. A small moan escaped her lips. His hand moved to her hips and pulled her against him. She bit her lip. Needed to get control. His hot breath made her neck tingle. Her hand reached up and pulled his lips to her neck as another moan escaped her lips. His hand slid around from her hip and moved up toward her breasts, the rough heat of his hands made her dizzy. A low, animalistic sound rumbled in his throat. Her core clenched in response.

Suddenly she was alone in the bed. What the hell? The motel door opened. She squinted from the light of the sun.

Winded, Ander entered wearing shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. Where was Will? Had she just imagined that? Ander tilted his head to the side and studied her for a moment.

"How do you feel? Is your migraine still there?"

She'd forgotten how quiet he was. She shook her head no and felt naked, even though she was fully clothed. A heartbeat later, the bathroom door opened. Will nodded to Ander, still brushing his teeth. Maeve looked at the floor, she'd dreamed that there was no other explanation. She rolled onto her back. The bed was still warm where Will had been.

Ander pulled clothes and shower supplies out of his bag, occasionally glancing at her. "Do you need to use the bathroom before I shower?"

"Yeah, thanks." her voice sounded rough and dry.

After Will finished his teeth, she went into the bathroom and did all her morning business, wishing she had a toothbrush. She looked at Will's mouthwash and debated. Deciding to steal a small amount wasn't the worst, she poured it in her hand and refreshed her mouth. After she washed her face, she looked for another reason to hide in the bathroom, but felt bad because she knew Ander was waiting. She didn't want to sit in the room with Will. Had that actually happened? Even if it didn't, the fact she imagined it was bad enough. She could do this. It was just the soul touch that made her crazy. In a few days it wouldn't be like this. Things would calm down.

They were talking when she came out of the bathroom, but immediately stopped when she opened the door. Great, they were talking about her. She ignored them and sat in the chair, not wanting to return to the bed. Ander went into the bathroom. Will stretched and drank his beer. Wait, beer this early in the morning? Of course, she wasn't sure it was morning. She was still exhausted. There was no telling if that was from lack of sleep or still being tired from the soul touch.