Chapter 69 - Maeve

"I have pictures and narrowed down the locations." Ander glanced at the chairs, weapons and cleaning tools, and before he looked at her with sympathy.

Will dried his hands and sat on his bed. Ander perched beside him and discussed his findings. Maeve felt invisible and re-washed her hands to get rid of the trace oil from when their hands touched. With a deep breath, she braced herself for Will's reaction. If she was going to stay with them, she needed to be useful and learn as much as she could about the layer of reality she hadn't known existed before.

"I want to go with you tomorrow, to check the locations." She turned and placed her feet apart with her shoulders back and chin high.

Will studied her for a heartbeat, moved his eyes to the weapons, and then slowly made his way back to her. "Ok,"

"Ok?" Ander's head jerked back.

"Yeah, she needs to get used to how things work. Not thrilled about it," he told Ander and but met her eyes "But this is a less dangerous mission, so better now than later,"

She pressed her lips into a thin line. Maeve turned to the windows behind them before she faced Ander. "Did anyone see you?"

Ander grinned and shook his head no.

Will looked at his watch. "Andy, we're going out. You wanna come?" Will stood and picked up his cigarettes.

Ander made a fist and stared at the floor. "No, I need to do more research to prepare for tomorrow," his voice tight.

"Where are we going?" Maeve asked, but stared at Ander.

"O' Malley's. Saw it on the way in." Will pulled his combat boots over his feet, grabbed his flannel off the bed, and slipped it on over his shirt.

Maeve grimaced as Ander raised his head. She didn't like bars and avoided them. Seeing Ander's discomfort made it worse, and she considered telling Will she'd never officially agreed to go anywhere. But when Will took her hand in his, she flushed, and her heart quickened. The objections silenced. Ander swallowed hard and lowered his head down.