Chapter 67 - House Merciless

"Where did she go?" it asked. Its fetid breath passed through the sharp jagged teeth. The pitiful broken vessel recoiled from the question. The demon's eyes brightened with annoyance before it raked its claws over the bleeding body. "I should not allow you to return home. None of you deserve to serve in House Merciless,"

"Enough Furcas, they failed. Send them home," Crocell said.

Furcas ripped the throat of the possessed human.

Crocell flicked its brightly lit eyes to a clock on the wall. "We must return until we are summoned again."

"The overseer will not be pleased our scouts lost track of her again," Furcas replied.

"True, but we gained information. She travels with two soldiers of night."

"They must know the overseer wants her," Furcas said.

"Perhaps, but it is not our duty to think. Only to report and do what we are told," Crocell reminded him.

Furcas nodded in agreement. Crocell felt his limbs tingle and then burn. They were going home.

🔥 🌕 🔥 🌕 🔥 🌕 🔥 🌕 🔥 🌕 🔥 🌕 🔥 🌕 🔥 🌕 🔥 🌕

Are you interested in learning more about the demons of this world? I had a short series of posts about it in April on my Instagram: www.instagram.com/ryanahunter23/

Or you can ask questions in the comments or message me. Thanks for reading!