Chapter 2: The Royals

" Genevive today, you need to clean the stables, clean the silverware, and prepare breakfast. Ray, you need to help prepare breakfast, clean the dining room, and attend to the ballroom. Y/n, you must deliver breakfast, help Ray clean the dining room, and check on the assassins with the guardsmen. "

When you were told what chores you had, you started running to find the guardsmen. You would deliver breakfast when it was done, and clean the dining room when Ray was done with breakfast. You found the first set of guards in the front and by the walls. You asked them if they needed anything and they said no. Now, you needed to check on the assassins. You started running towards the assassin's quarters and knocked on their main door.

The assassins got a part of the castle for themselves. When you knocked on the door a man opened it.

   " Yes? "

   " I'm here to check on you all. Is there anything you need? "

   " Not this morning, but thank you. "

You nodded and started walking to the kitchen. By the time you get there, breakfast would be ready. You were right when you got there and the trays were ready. You placed them on a cart and started walking to the steps. You walked up the steps with a few maids helping you with the cart.

When you reached the royal floor you started walking to the king and queen's room. The old maid that used to do breakfast for the royals told you what to do and what not to do and you nodded at her. She left to do her morning chores and you knocked on the doors.

   " Enter! " A gruff voice said.

You entered the room and saw how lavish the room was. The main color of the room was red with gold accents around and a gold chandelier. You could see the king and queen underneath the bedsheets. You pushed the cart closer to them and they sat up in their beds.

   " Good morning your majesties. I have your breakfast prepared for you. "

The king used his hand and gestured for you to bring the trays. You grabbed the kings first and then the queens. The Queen grabbed the tray from you and set it on her lap. You poured their drinks for them and bowed to them.

   " You are dismissed. " The queen said with honey in her voice.

You bowed once more and took the tray leaving them behind. The queen's honey voice matched the color of her hair and skin tone. The king's skin was pale and his beard was black. His long hair reached his butt and his crown was placed beside the bed. You shut the door behind yourself and started walking further down the hall.

You were walking towards the princess's room. You had only seen the princess once and that was when she came to complain to the kitchen staff about her overdone eggs. You knocked on the door and waited for the princess to call to you.

   " Enter! "

You pushed the doors open and shut them behind you. The princess sat up in her bed and when the sheets that covered her chest fell you could see that her chest was bare. You looked down at the breakfast trays and pushed the cart closer.

   " I have your breakfast m'lady. "

   " Just set it on my dresser. "

   " Yes, my lady. "

You pushed the cart over to the dresser and in the mirror, you could see a dark-toned man sit up in her bed. His chest was bare. The princess's skin was just like her mother's and so was her hair. The man beside her you had never seen before. His skin was dark and he had green eyes with dark hair.

The man leaned close to the princess and started kissing her neck and the princess started leaning against the male, pressing her bare breasts against him.

   " Last night was so fun. "

   " I told you it would be. It seems commoners are not as bad in bed as I thought. "

   " What do you say, we go again. "

   ' Isn't Princess Mariella only eighteen? Geez, I think the maids said this is the second time this week. It's only Thursday. '

When the tray was done I pushed the cart back to the bed and bowed.

   " Princess Mariella, should I bring another tray for the young man? "

   ' He looks thirty! '

   " No, he'll be leaving now. "

   " Are you sure, my honeysuckle? "

   " Positive, I said commoners are not as bad in bed as I thought. It doesn't mean you still are not bad. Maid, you may leave. "

You started pushing the cart out of the room. You shut the doors behind you and started walking to the prince's room.

   ' Please let me walk in on the prince doing something normal. '

You knocked on the door and waited for a response.

   " Enter. "

You opened the door and walked into the room. You shut the door behind you and pushed the cart further into the room. The prince was sitting at a small table facing the window. You brought the cart closer to him.

   " Prince Quinn I have your breakfast. "

He turned his head towards you and his ice-blue eyes pierced your E/c eyes. He looked at you and then back at the tray.

   " You're not the usual maid that delivers my breakfast. "

   " I apologize your highness. Our chore schedules were changed this morning. I will inform our advisor to change it. "

   " Don't, it's fine. Set my breakfast here. "

You set the tray on the table and walked back to the cart to get the other breakfast materials to put on the table. When you were finished you bowed to the prince. You stood back up and noticed the prince looked sullen.

   " Is there anything else that you need from me? "

   " No. . .you may go. "

You nodded your head and grabbed the handles of the cart, and walked out of the room. You shut the door behind yourself and started walking to the kitchen to drop off the cart and head to your next job. You see the cart in the kitchen and started washing the dishes. Elina walked into the kitchen and started to help you.

  " Was there a man in her bed this time? " Elena asked.

   " There was. He looked like he was thirty years old. How did you know?"

   " The maid before you always told everyone who was in the princess's chambers. That's another one. I'm calling it and saying she'll have another one in her bed come the night of the ball. "

   " I call she'll have two men in her bed that night. " Genevive inquired.

   " I'm not going to say anything. Except that he was all over her. "

   " I hate the ones that are clingy. " Elena said leaving to do the dishes.

I nodded and started walking to the dining room to clean. When I got to the dining room Ray wasn't in there to help me clean.

   ' Why is she like this? This is the third time this week. '

Inside Quinn's room, he still sat at the small table and looked down at the food in front of him. He didn't really have an appetite. Not after seeing the invitation, his parents had sent out yesterday. He pushed the food away and drank the cup of water that you had set on the table. He drank half the glass before moving to his desk to look over some paperwork for his father.