Chapter 6: A Maid, Assassin, and a Prince

Things were hectic in the palace today. The maids and butlers ran around the castle's rooms, cleaning, and organizing. Tonight was the ball, and everything needed to be spotless. Who knows who will enter what room? Meaning they all needed to be cleaned and spotless.

The maids and butlers woke up before sunrise to clean and organize the lower floors. They would then work their way up the palace until they reached the top levels. Once the sun had risen, a portion of the maids started making breakfast for the royals. You were with a butler taking the sheets out of one of the rooms. Your advisor ordered you to strip all the sheets and materials in every room, including the maid's quarters. Everything had to be taken out of the maid's rooms and put outside their doors. The people who would clean the sheets would pick them up, while another set would organize the maid's materials in the drawers so that no one could see them. The butler you were working with was quick, and you tried to be fast, stripping everything from the rooms. Everyone was still on the first floor, organizing everything and cleaning.

It would take most of the day for the palace to be cleaned only if everyone worked hard and contributed to the work.

   " Y/n! You need to take the royals their breakfast. " Ray shouted at you through the doorway.

   " Now? "

   " Now! I'll take your spot. Go give them their food and run back. "

   " Got it! Thanks, Ray! "

You left Ray with the butler and started running towards the kitchen. The maids cleaned everything for the second time, and you saw the cart full of food. Your stomach growled just looking at the food. None of the maids had anything to eat today because of all the work needed to be done. You grabbed the cart's handles, set your hunger aside, and started wheeling it to the stairs.

When you got to the giant staircase, the maids stopped cleaning the stairs and helped you with the cart. They brought it up to the floor of the royals and ran back down the stairs to continue cleaning. You wheeled the cart to the king and Queen's door, knocking.

   " Enter! "

You opened the door and wheeled in the cart. You bowed to both of them and set the trays down on their dresser. The king was looking over a few documents while the Queen was fixing her hair.

   " Your breakfast. "

   " Thank you. " The king said.

   " You look quite pale, dear. " The Queen said, looking towards you.

   " I'm sorry. It's just a busy day for everyone and we are trying our best to make sure the palace is spotless. "

   " I see. That's good. You know King Harding doesn't like anything to be messy. "

   " You are right my dear. " The king said to the Queen.

   " That is all. You may go now. "

   " Thank you. " You said.

You bowed once more before running to the princess's room. You knocked, and the door opened quickly. There was another maid in the room, and you saw that she was helping the princess get ready.

   " Breakfast. " You told the maid.

She nodded and took the tray from the cart. You ran to the prince's room and knocked on the door.

   " Enter. "

You opened the door and walked into the room, shutting the door behind you. You saw the prince standing in his mirror tidying his coat. You moved the cart to the table and set the food tray down with the necessities. You turned towards Prince Quinn and bowed.