Chapter 5: New Friend's and Affairs

As you walked to the closet, you met Elina on the way. She looked like she finished up her job.

   " Hey, Elina. What were you assigned? "

   " I worked in the garden today and might I say I did a pretty good job. Want to get some lunch from the kitchen and go eat outside? "

   " So, you can show me how good you did on weed picking and bush trimming? "

   " It's like a professional cleaned up that garden. I have the magic touch. "

   " Fine, maybe well see Genevive on the way and she can join us. "

   " I think she had kitchen duty today, so we'll get her when we go into the kitchen to make lunch. "

   " Cool, let's get going then. "

Elina nodded and you headed to the kitchen with Elina walking beside you, still bragging about how good she did in the garden on the bushes. When you entered the kitchen Genevive was drying the dishes and she greeted you with a smile.

   " Hey, guys. FInished? "

   " Yeah, and we wanted to invite you out to lunch. "

   " Sure, but let me finish these dishes first. What are we eating? "

   " Sandwiches, grapes, strawberries, and things like that. "

   " Sounds good, we have fresh fruits waiting to be eaten. "

   " I'll cut the fruits if you make the sandwiches. And Genevieve you can get the drinks ready. " You said to both of the girls. 

Genevive and Elina nodded and started getting to work on the food. You found the strawberries and grapes. You picked the grapes off of the stems and placed them in a bowl. You both laughed and talked about the gossip in town and in the castle among the maids and butlers. When Genevive had finished drying the dishes she started filling three cups with lemonade. After the food and drinks were prepared the trio walked out of the kitchen and into the garden. There was a bench in the garden that was waiting for you to have your picnic. You set the two bowls of fruit on the bench and Genevive set the glasses on the ground, while Elina handed out sandwiches. 

   " Thank you. You did a good job on the garden. " Genevive said.

   " Don't give her anymore credit, her ego will keep growing. " You warned the woman sitting beside you.

   " See! I did do a good job. " Elina shouted.

   " I never said that you didn't. "

   " So, Prince Quinn is going to be king in a few months. " Genevive said biting her grapes and diverting the topic of conversation away from the garden.

   " Yes, and? "

   " Do you think he'll be a good ruler?

   " Do we have a choice? " You asked taking a bite of your sandwich.

   " No, but I think he'll be a great ruler. I've heard he's been more involved in his father's meetings as of late. " Elena said biting into a strawberry.

   " That's good, maybe he'll do great. "

   " Maybe-"

Elena's sentence was interrupted by the sound of giggling. The three of you put your lunch down and decided to find out what the sound was. You looked around the red flower bush and saw Ray but not only her, but the king.

   ' What are they doing!? '

You could see Ray sitting on the king's lap before you looked away. You all turned around and sat back on the concrete bench and ate your lunch quickly. When you were done you went to your room and laid in the bed starring at the ceiling.