Chapter 3: His Frustrations

' Breakfast duty again. Let's hope there isn't another man in Princess Mariella's bed. '

I knocked on the princess's door and waited for her response. I didn't hear anything at first and then I heard the shuffling of bed sheets.

   " Enter. "

You opened the door and pushed the cart into the room. Princess Mariella sat up in her bed. Her chest was bare and her hair was a mess. You pushed the cart to the bed and bowed.

   " I have your breakfast ready. "

   " Put it over...put on the chair over there. "

You picked up the tray and walked over to the chair. You set it on the soft cushions and walked back to the bed to get the other breakfast items. When you were walking back to the bed a figure was hugging Mariella's midsection. You noticed it was a woman this time and not a man. Her hair was black and her skin was honey-colored, like Mariella's.

   ' Well, I did say I hope there wasn't a man. I never thought of a woman. Tomorrow I'll just say, 'person'. '

Mariella stood up from the bed, revealing her naked body to the world. She walked to the mirror and ran her hands through her hair. You set the rest of the breakfast items on the couch and walked back to the cart, bowing. You waited to be dismissed. The woman in the bed got up and started walking over to Mariella.

She let her naked body be revealed and she hugged Mariella from the back. Her hands touched Mariella's body and you felt uncomfortable. You wanted to leave as the woman touched the princess.

   " Francesca, stop. "

   " But I want to. "

   " Not now, my maid is here. "

   " Then dismiss her. Or you could let her join in. "

   ' Please no. Dismiss me. Dismiss me! '

   " Maid you are dismissed. "

   " Thank you! "

You bowed and took the cart away from the princess's room. When you were outside the door you started hearing things you wished you wouldn't hear. You walked to the prince's room and knocked on his door.

   " Enter. "

You walked into the prince's room and saw the prince sitting on his bed, putting his shoes on.

   " I have your breakfast, Prince Quinn. "

   " Set it on the same table from yesterday. "

You nodded and set the tray on the table.  You set other condiments on the table and walked back to the cart. You waited for your next set of instructions. Quinn tied his laces and stood up properly from the bed. He walked to the table and looked down at the food, still not feeling an appetite inside of him. You noticed that he was starring at the food, and spoke out of turn.

   " If you don't like it, then I can take it back and ask for something else to be made. "

Quinn's eyes moved from the plate of food to your form. You saw the same sorrow in his eyes that you saw yesterday. You wondered what could be troubling him so much that he looked so sad.

   " It's fine, thank you for your concern. I just. . .haven't had an appetite recently. "

   " Is something the matter, my prince? "

   " Huh? "

   " Are you feeling alright? "

   " Yes, I am fine. Why do you ask? Do I not look healthy? " Quinn asked you looking down at himself.

   " No, you look healthy, but your eyes. . .I don't see joy or happiness. All I see is sorrow. What's got you so down? "

Quinn looked back up at you and questioned himself. He questioned if he should talk to you and tell you his problems. 

   ' She's just a maid. It wouldn't do much harm. I need to talk to somebody about this, and there's not really that many people to talk to. . .it's worth a shot. ' Quinn thought.

Quinn sighed and sat down in one of the chairs at the table. His hand gestured to the other chair and you sat down, folding your hands in your lap ready to listen. Quinn picked his words carefully before speaking.

   " My father has sent out invitations for a ball that's to happen soon. IT's to help me find a bride. "

    " And you don't want that? "

   " No. I would rather love someone because they love me as myself. Not as a prince or anyone of status. He's forcing my hand on this. Especially since he sent out these invitations without my consent. "

   " Shouldn't you be the one in charge of that? It is your marriage and ball. "

   " That's what I think, but to him, no. My mother won't step in either since she's not one for arguing or saying anything against my father. So, I'm stuck in this situation. "

   " I'm sorry, Prince Quinn. "

   " There's no need for apologies. You didn't cause the situation. "

   " But I can still apologize for the situation you're in. "

   " Then that's pity. "

   " No, it's a real apology. There's no pity in it. I just feel like you shouldn't be in this situation and you should be free to do what you wish. "

Quinn's brows furrowed as he looked at your form. He could tell by your attitude that you didn't care about speaking your mind if asked. And you talked to him in a way that showed there was no business relationship.

   " Who are you? I never got your name. "

   " Y/n, your highness. "

   " Y/n, you're an interesting one. I think I'll like having conversations with you. "

   ' I would hope so? ' You questioned in your mind.

   " I'll see what I can eat, now that I've been able to take all of that off my chest. Thank you, for listening. "

   " Any time. "

You stood up from the chair and bowed to Quinn. You took the cart away from his room and to the kitchen leaving Quinn to think about what you said.