Chapter 32: The Catch-Up and Meet-Up

" I'm so excited for you two! Ah! I can't believe it! "

Aileen pulled away from the hug and looked between you both. Her smile was wide and bright, and it didn't look like it would fade soon. 

   " How did it happen? "

   " Well, um. . .I stayed in her quarters for the night, and in the morning, I woke up, seeing her beautiful face, and I. . .I knew then; I wanted to wake up with her every morning and greet her with love. " Quinn explained, taking your hand in his. 

   " Awwww! "

You felt a slight blush come to your face, and you looked away from Aileen to the floor. Quinn laughed and leaned into your side. 

   " And the wedding hasn't happened yet, mother. We are engaged right now. "

   " Oh, how wonderful. Let me know when the wedding is, and I will be there. "

   " I will mother. "

   " What other news is there? "

   " Elina is to be married in a few days. She will be the queen of the Prosan Empire. Genevive is still sick and unconscious, but the doctors say she will wake up soon. "

   " Yes, and the rebellion against father has grown stronger, while the people's like have increased for me. I appeared at the Harvest Festival, and they welcomed me. Father isn't doing well, however. " Quinn said, continuing your conversation.

   " What has he done? "

   " He is brutally punishing maids now through torture. He whips them and shames them. He killed his mistress some time ago, and her death was claimed as a suicide, but father had pushed her off the balcony. He, also went on a rampage when he couldn't find you, and he restricted me from the world. He is not mentally well, mother. "

   " This isn't good. Have the rebellion decided when they're going to make their move? "

   " No, there are some complications they need to fix before anything more could happen. I've met with their leader and I am having discussions with him. But they are almost ready, they just need a little more time. "

   " Buy them as much time as you can, my son. You will need all the help you can get. "

   " And father has tried to force me to marry nobility. He brought five princesses from neighboring emperors, and he expects me to have an answer by the ball. "

   " What will you do? "

   " I plan to announce, that I am marrying, Y/n. I don't want to hide my love for her any longer, and on that day I will announce our engagement. "

   " Your father will be enraged. "

   " I know, but I'm willing to risk his rage. "

Aileen nodded and stood up to grab a log of wood. Aileen threw the log into the fire, and sparks erupted from the flames. Aileen sat back down and crossed her legs.

   " What of Mariella? How is she? "

   " Well, you will be glad to hear this. . .you will be a grandmother to her child. And I will be the uncle. "

   " She's pregnant!? "

   " Yes, she met a Frenchman, who showed interest and affection for her. She stayed with him, to experience what he had to offer, and she realized that he was the one she wanted to be with. She loves him. "

   " Oh my. . .so much has happened. . .and I'm not. . .I'm not there. . ."

Aileen covered her mouth while tears slipped from her eyes, crossing over her palms. She sobbed into her hand, and you felt your heart break for her. Slowly, you stood up from the couch, letting go of Quinn's hand, walking towards Aileen's chair. You crouched beside the chair, stretched your arms over the armrests, and hugged her. Aileen leaned towards you and continued to sob while Quinn joined you and hugged his mother, feeling equally upset.

Meanwhile, in Madrathia, the castle is in disarray. The maids and butlers were wandering around, running for their lives from the king. His eyes were deranged, and his sword was painted red.