Careless

____
Prompt:
Alycia, your roommate drags you to a nightclub even if you don't want to
____

-Please Y/n come with us! The girls and I are going out tonight, you know it! Please come with us, you always stay alone in our apartment...
Alycia pouted, trying to give me the best puppy eyes she could.
-Alycia you know I hate it...
-But you never tried it and you swore to me one day you would!
Okay she has a point now.
-Maybe but I know I won't like it! All the alcool and then drunk people, dancing all together in a mix of sweat and other stuffs is not for me I know that.
-Y/n... Please, I promise you if you don't like it, we'll leave and go somewhere else or home!
This sounded quite interesting actually. I swore I would one day go with her so I guess today is the day.
-Okay I'll go!
-What?! Really?!
-Yes I told you I would one day so I guess today is the day!
-Oh my god you're the best! Thank you so much! You're a babe!
-Okay I need a briefing! What should I wear?
-Ohhh okay! Definitely something sexy, something that makes you feel the most confident ever, that makes you feel you can rule the world! See the vibe?
-Yes pretty much...
I said with a smirk. I never said no to feel like this so I think I might go a 100% into it!
-I'm gonna tell my friends you're coming! I'm so excited you have no idea!
She definitely was and gave me a tight hug. Hopefully I would do anything to make her happy!

Alycia and I shared some pizza and wine in our apartment we're sharing for 3 years now before getting ready. I loved this part of my life, living with my best friend and just vibbing the both of us in our perfect bubble. We had an amazing balance! Living with her felt so right, we never argue, everything is always done, we both take our tasks so seriously that nothing is a chore. Anyway, the best!
After eating, we finally started to get ready in our own bedroom since we thought it would be better for us to have our make up and mirror in our room so we would never fight about the bathroom. We put music on the speaker, getting slowly in the mood while doing our make up. I decided to go for a light make up for my eyes but make it pop with bold lips, I loved doing this and for my outfit, well, I guess a dress and heels is always the best option! After my make up done, I did my hair, giving them some beach vibes and finally put my dress on and heels. I took a lot in the mirror and damn... I looked really good! I so went out of my room, Alycia still in hers and went to grab a glass of water.
-Wow... Okay... You're looking so good!
I heard Alycia who erupted in the living room, a little flustered which took me by surprise and made me gasp because she did too, I mean, she's always does but all dressed up? That was something else.
-Hum... Shall we go?
-Sure!

Her friends were already there, I guess we were the last ones. We took our places in the booths, sitting in front of each other. I felt a little awkward there so I escaped and went to grab us drinks at the bar. I felt so lost in here, it's so not my world! I couldn't feel more exposed to all the people around than now, waiting alone at the bar.
-Oh what a beautiful lady we have here!
And what I feared the most happened. A drunken loser came to hit on me. I tried to ignore him but it wasn't the best option.
-Come on! Let me get you a drink baby!
-No I think not... I'm already with someone tonight, I don't need your company.
I said harshly but still, he didn't mind. Then I felt hands on my hips, I froze, but they definitely didn't feel like male hands, the touch was soft. I turned around and saw Alycia saving me here.
-Hey babe! I thought I could wait with you for our drinks so I could spend some time with you!
She said with a seductive voice, really into her character.
-Aww thank you, you're a gem babe!
I leaned closer to take her arm and tried to be convincing as well. The man finally left.
-Jesus thank you! I didn't know what to do, he never left!
-Anything for you!
But she hasn't dropped her tone, making my heart drop. I've never felt that. I panicked a little while a wave of heat traveled my body.
-Come on let's go back to the girls!
She grabbed our drink finally in front of us and lead the way to our table.

After this weird episode, we drank more and more, feeling the liquid winning over our minds but still, I sometimes glanced at her and I couldn't let go of this sensation I felt before.
-Okay Y/n! Now it's the time!!! Let's go and dance!
-What?! No no no I'm terrible at it!
-I told you to wear your most confident outfit so please babe, let the magic happen!
Okay a drunk Alycia was something else. I never knew she could act like that and honestly, it was confusing me. With these words, she grabbed my hand and dragged me on the dance floor. We were lost in the crowd, hit by people around us, I felt so uncomfortable but then she came closer to my ear.
-Come on! Have some fun! It's crowded but nobody pays attention, feel free hun!
She took a step back while I looked deeply in her eyes, trying to feel better and to find the courage to do so but the alcohol really helped, it didn't last long until I gave in and honestly it felt so good!
We enjoyed ourselves for so long, the music was good, we danced together, feeling better each seconds. But the best part is when we heard the famous saxo notes and drums. They were really playing Gorge Michael, Careless Whisper. My eyes widened, I couldn't feel more excited as one of my favourite songs of all time started to play. I know it's so cliche but I couldn't care less! Alycia knew about it and jumped with me like kids and finally sang along. But little did I notice the mood started to switch. We were closer, people around us as well, tension was building up every second. My eyes locked with hers the whole time, the red lights made the atmosphere so special, we were singing our lungs out until the best moment happened, that's when I lost it.

"Tonight the music seems so loud, I wish that we could lose this crowd, maybe it's better this way
we'd hurt each other with the things we'd want to say
We could have been so good together, we could have lived this dance forever but no one's gonna dance with me. Please stay!"

As we shouted those lyrics, I realised how bad I related to them right now. I don't know where it's coming from, I've never these feelings for her but I guess tonight was the night they changed to something more, something deeper than friendship.
She started at me, I couldn't describe what it lighted up inside but they were so dark, so intense and heavy to look at. All I wanted to do was to crash my lips on hers. We stayed frozen like this for seconds until she came closer and said to my ear.
-Let's lose this crowd...
She grabbed my hand that sent electricity all over my body to pick up our bags.
-Sorry girls but we're going home! We're tired!
She's didn't let them any chance to respond as we were already gone.

We joined our car and drove back to our place. The drive was silent. It was terrible, you cold cut the tension with a knife. All I wanted was to tell her to pull over so I could make her mine. I think tonight changed something for the both of us.
Finally our front door. She unlocked it and put her bag on the floor in a rush as I closed the door. It was dark, only the street light lighted up our apartment with a deep shape of gold. She turned around, she looked ethereal. I took then a bold step ahead, standing close, so close to her that I felt her heavy breaths on my skin. I placed my hand on her neck, pulling her closer so both our bodies would be against each other. It couldn't feel any more right than now.
-Can I?
I said just above a whisper. She didn't say anything back, she shyly nodded. I finally closed the gap between us, connecting our lips for the first time. A whole firework exploded inside, lighting something new. Her lips were so soft, they moved so perfectly against mines yet they were shy, almost afraid but eager, as if she waited for this moment to happen for a long time. We finally pulled out, staying millimetres away from each other.
-Is this okay?
I said, breaking the heavy silence.
-Yes... I just... Nevermind...
She looked down but I placed my fingers on her chin, lifting it up.
-Please, tell me Alycia.
Then I saw something I never saw. A way she looked at me that she never did before.
-I'm just scared this is the alcohol talking...
-Believe me, it's not... I haven't felt this way towards you before but tonight was like the final piece to a puzzle to make me figure out that, yes, I think I was in love with you for so long but I never wanted to see it.
Her eyes watered, capturing my lips once more in a passionate kiss, filled with so much more emotions than the previous one.
-Come on, let's go to bed...
I took her soft hands in mine, to finally sleep for the first time in only one bedroom...

_________________________________________

Hey beautiful people

Here's a new chapter! I hope you liked this one because I absolutely loved writing it! Who can say no to such kind of things with Alycia involved right?

Take care 🤍