Blue Lights

____
Prompt:
Alycia comes home after few weeks to find blue lights around your house
____

Alycia's POV

I couldn't be more exited than I was at the moment. I was few streets away from home. Our home. It was more than a months that we didn't reunited due to my busy schedule but we finally made it, it was finally time to see my love again, to hold her, so tight, kiss her, so hard... I couldn't stop smiling at the idea of seeing her again. My heart was beating so fast!

I was finally around the corner of our street! The moment was so close! Until I saw a bunch of blue lights in our street... I was hoping it was the next house than ours but it wasn't... All the ambulances and other cars were stopped in a rush in front of our house. I stopped my car in the middle of the road, running like a maniac to see what happened.

-What's happening???
-Please ma'am, stay away!
-The person inside is my girlfriend!!! Now tell me what the hell is happening???!!!
-You can't pass! Please wait here!
I felt the tears falling hard on my cheeks, my heart pounding, fire in my body but fear was the only emotion running my body. How was she? Injured? A lot? Just fell and broke a bone? Worst? My mind became crazy until I saw her, laying on a stretcher, the gold cover on her, many people around... I ran to her... She was unconscious.

-What happened???
-There was a gaz issue, it exploded to her face.
-Wha...?
I felt myself falling, my knees breaking, until a man held me to bring me with her in the ambulance. I was sitting next to her, not allowed to hold or touch her except her head. My hand was slowly caressing her dirty hair. Trying to comfort her even if I was trying to reassure myself... The ride was the longest I could ever experience. I wasn't talking. I was dead inside, my eyes locked on her face, not able to do something else than looking at her.

The car stopped in front of the hospital. Everyone was running, I was simply following the move, not knowing what to do, holding the stretcher, afraid to let go. Someone held my shoulders, blocking me the way, my hand letting her go.

-You have to stay here now!
-No no no ! I'm not leaving her!!!
-She's going to surgery ma'am, you can't come! We will call you when it's over, it's going to be fine!

I froze, not really able to fight back, my eyes still on her, watching her go, afraid to never see her again... So I waited, waited and waited for hours. I called both of our parents who came fast to join me. All of us were ghosts. Until a doctor came.

-The surgery was long but she's asleep now. We gave her meds for her to not hurt that much.
-What happened? How is she?
-She probably was about to cook when there was a problem with the gaz when she turned it up, it exploded. Her right side, from her shoulder to her waist and a part of her arm is heavily burnt but she's out of danger now.
-Can we see her?
-Yes but stay quiet, I'm taking you.

The doctor led us to the room where she was. When he opened the door, I could only feel tears coming up again, staying still with my hand covering my mouth for a second before I came closer to her bed. I couldn't help but cry with her parents. We all stayed the night, by her side, waiting for her to wake up...

Her parents left the next day because of their work but I stayed, still wearing the same clothes, my eyes puffy and red, my lips dry. I fell asleep on the ground, my arms and head on the mattress when I felt her hand tightening mine while I was sleeping, waking me up.

-Baby? Omg...
Tears filling my eyes again seeing her awake and alive.
-Alycia...
-Shhh... Stay still baby, I'm here, it's okay now...
-What happened?
-You injured yourself... In a bad way... You're... You're burnt baby...
She didn't answer, she only looked away. A heavy silence stayed between us while I was still holding her hand tightly. I knew she was crying, not wanting to face me.
-Y/N... We will fight this okay? Life will continue, we will continue! I will be with you, all the time!
-What if you won't like what I am anymore?
-That's impossible baby... You're the one I love, my only one! I can't unlove you, this is impossible baby...
-Please, hold me...
I then did what she said, trying not to hurt her. I was relieved to feel her again, maybe injured but she was still here with me, alive...

Her heart was still beating.

_______________________________________

OMG hello guys!
Wow it's been such awhile!!! I was so busy these lasts times, I could update or write anything I'm sorry... But now I have more free time again!
I know this is again a little sad one but well... I wanted to do this for a long time so here it is! Hope you like it ☺️

Love you all! Take care