Chapter 20 - Games (Edited)

DANIEL

"Did you hear?, Natalie's here" someone shouted from behind me and just then the entrance doors to HARVANI HIGH were swung open to reveal Natalie Mann, dressed in an all white furry knee length coat with a black Gucci bag and knee high black boots... things are about to get awry I thought to myself.

It's not been up to 3 minutes since she's stepped foot into this building but here she is with a crowd round about her as usual.

I quickly turned around to go as to avoid any unwarranted reunions at this point, thank goodness our relationship was a private one if not her being here would have been something else.

*

My Dad decided it would be best to meet Marc and I on Friday afternoon after school and today I was more than happy to go back home as I have been avoiding Natalie all week in school. On a few occasions so far she had tried to get me to talk with her but I've been playing hide and seek games with her, I wasn't scared of her but I wouldn't like to get into an awkward situation with my ex who I haven't seen since over a year.

*

"Please put on your seatbelt as you get ready to fly the Danny Air" I said to Marc in an accent which I myself did not recognize which made him to give me that 'what the fuck are you saying' look before he later obliged.

"It's your facial expression for me" I said laughing as the lights turned green and I zoomed off which caused me to get a punch on my right arm from Marc.

"I'm just saying" I said laughing more which caused him to join in the laughter.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes, he los  happy he deserves to be happy. I don't know why but these past few days I've found myself spending more time around Marc and his friends... it just felt... right.

"You should smile always, it suits you, y'know" I said sparing him a glance once more.

"Thank you,  but you should please keep your eyes more on the road than on me, you can't look at me anymore when I'm dead" he said.

"That's a very dark sense of humor but yes sir" I saluted.
"Please don't say things like that again"

He looked at me and gave me a small smile before nodding in response.

*

Now we were seated at the gazebo on a long dining table with Marc by my left and my Dad sat at the head of the table with papers.

"Yes that is very true Sir, and thankfully the market's still up so we have very good forecast ahead of us" Marc said confidently to my Dad who looked very impressed at our report and had decided to congratulate us on a job well done.

"That's very good to hear Marc and I do hope everything goes well" my Dad said putting down the report sheets on the table and he stands up to go take a call.

We were left alone now in the gazebo, this moment felt right... just the two of us looking out to the bustling city in front of us with the light breeze sweeping past our faces.

"I think I'll start heading home now" Marc said standing up.

"No" I said as I found myself instinctively reaching out to hold his hand.