Chapter 41 - Brotherly Love (Edited)

The first part of this chapter are events that took place before ch 40.

Don't worry it all makes sense as you continue reading :)

DANIEL

Mom and Dad decided to have breakfast in the outdoor dining area upstairs in a secluded part of the house where they usually had breakfast whenever they were too tired to come down for breakfast. In that regard I decided we have breakfast outside today. When we were done and I had escorted Marc and his friends out I decided to head back inside to talk to my brother, he did not join us for breakfast too because he requested for it to be brought in his room.

I found him sitting on one of the three 5 seater sofas that had been constructed to take the shape of the letter U in the outdoor living space overlooking the pool area on the ground floor. Lush green flowers, carpet grass and long palm trees that cast shadows surrounded this part of the house and the view was breathtaking.

I took a seat on the second grey sofa opposite him and what separated us was the unlit fireplace in front of us.

"What are you doing" I asked him while letting out a sigh of content at how comfy the sofa is.

If I sit here for an extra 20 minutes I would be halfway to dozing off.

"I'm looking through my schedule for next week, I have like 3 red carpet events to show up in..." he said letting out a sigh of frustration.

I hummed in understanding as I relaxed deeper into the chair.

Bryan is a Hollywood actor and a model, amidst other businesses he runs including some of my dads and to top it off he just has very few months of college left. He's usually almost as busy as my parents since he gets to travel around always and I wonder how he still manages to stay balanced.

"Did you find anything?" I asked Bryan who I had barely seen since the art exhibition.

He looked up from his iPad to me and pushed the few strands of his hair hat covered his face back and for a second he looked like the Bryan on the magazine covers.

"I forgot to tell you..." he said taking a pause just to build up the anticipation even more.

He usually does this all the time when he wants to tell me a secret or surprise and the wait was long and frustrating.

"Don't even think about it" I said as I threw him one of the pillows which hit him and he ignored it as he laughed loudly and threw his head back.

"You're never gonna stop doing this to me, are you?" I asked laughing along.

"Nope" he replied once he had calmed down.

I rolled my eyes and I made sure he saw it.

"Boys, what's going on down there?" My mom's voice came from the balcony upstairs where she usually sat with dad to take in the beautiful views as they sipped a cup of coffee and talked about their business stuff.

"Nothing Mom!" I yelled loud enough for her to hear and shot Bryan a glare.

"I found out that you might actually be correct" he said as a notification popped up on his iPad and he frowned a little as he read it and swiped it off.