Chapter 6 - Bad Days Comes With Getting Fired (Edited)

This Chapter Contains an Emotional Scene ( Rated ES for Emotional Scene 🥺)

MARC

After taking a lot of orders and some guy getting pulled out of this place drunk by his girlfriend, I finally was getting ready to leave. Sophie left an hour after I had left but most times, I waited behind for her because we walked home together although we actually walk up to a junction where we go our separate ways. One might say that we were in a relationship because we had gotten very close but we didn't actually see it that way. Sophie's now my third close friend and times she talked with Jake and Addison whenever they came by and she was in a break. Next time remind me to smack them on the head for always bringing up my embarrassing moments.

"I will be on my way now; I have to study for the test we would be having tomorrow" I said to Sophie who was pouring out some shots to a group of friends.

"Okay, Take Care. See you tomorrow" she says with a little smile.

"Sure"

*

The house was oddly silent I could hear some low voices coming from the kitchen I walked over to the kitchen and saw my dad sitting down at the counter. He held his head in his hands and my mom stood next to him patting him on the back and rubbing her hand in circles in his back as a way to comfort him and show her support. I could see my dad's briefcase on the table with a paper next to it.

This doesn't look good.

"D-dad?!, what happened?"
He looked up at me and wanted to say something but couldn't.

I looked at my mom for answers and she averted her eyes from mine to the paper on the table, I picked it up with my hands which were now shaking s little. I knew what had happened and I didn't want to believe it. I've heard dad complaining most times about how a few workers were let go due to some issues in his workplace but I silently prayed it would never be him.

I don't think that prayer was answered.

No, no, no. This can't be happening, my dad can't be fired, How is that even possible? How are we going to cope financially?

A lot of thoughts ran through my head, I did not know what we were going to do right now. Mom had been looking for a job for quite some time now after she also got fired too from her office because the company she worked in was beginning to go down financially so they had to let go of most workers and unfortunately my mom was one of them - as that's the official reason they gave and not what I witnessed - and now it's happening to my dad also.

I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't know I had already started crying until my mom came and hugged me.

"Don't worry, okay? everything will be fine, wipe those tears" my mom said to me as she let go of me.

"Don't worry, I'll fix this, everything will be fine. It will all fall back to the way it used to be. I will get another job and everything will be fine as your mom said" My dad said reassuringly as he stood up from where he sat and gave me a hug.

"I-I, I know" I tried to speak out but my voice came out cracking.

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
Like and Comment.

Here's a photo of Manu in Sweatpants

A photo of Manu in Sweatpants 🥵🥵🥵