Chapter 37 - "Screenshot" (Edited)

MARC

Daniel began acting a bit suspicious after Natalie left.

I noticed that she left after a few pictures she took with her Dad for the press but her Dad stayed behind regardless and Daniel took an excuse to attend to something.

I watched him go over to his brother and they began having a discussion.

Something fishy is going on because Daniel kept looking around as if searching for something or someone? I don't know exactly what it is but I'm gonna find out soon enough no matter what awkwardness is looming around us.

You see that, what I just said? That's me trying to give myself that confidence that I don't have at this moment and so far it's working very little because I haven't talked to him on a one-on-one basis ever since that little embarrassing incident earlier this evening.

"I think we should start heading home" Addison said looking at the time on her phone.

"Yeah, that's true, I feel so tired and sleepy" Jake said yawning.

"Why wouldn't you be? You literally ate everything eatable in sight. I wonder where all that food goes to because you don't look like someone who has eaten at all" Sophie said poking his belly.

"Oh.." Jake said raising his eyebrow

"...Are you checking me out" he said with a smirk and leaning closer which made Sophie only roll her eyes but she said nothing. Only the light shade of pink on her face and the small smile answered that question.

"You guys can continue your flirting when we get home, right now let's figure out how to get a ride home" I said standing up.

"He started it" Sophie mumbled to herself but she knew we heard it.

Jake and Sophie have been using any opportunity that comes up to flirt with each other one way or another while failing to hide it no matter how they made the conversation nonchalant ever since we came here.

"I just checked for rides around and it seems like this place is off limits, we can't get a ride here" Addison said showing us her phone.

"Oh, I thought I told you guys?" I said scratching the back of my neck.

They looked at me with a what the fuck are you talking about look.

"Daniel said the rides which brought us here get to take us home because Taxi services are restricted from this area" I told them.

Well the rich can get whatever they want because money does the talking for them and The Ferreiras has a lot of that.

They nodded in understanding as if reading my thoughts.

"Hang on, I have to tell him we're leaving" I said to my friends as I turned to start walking towards Daniel.

But I did not do any walking but I did get glued to the floor where I stood.

Daniel was already comings towards us.

"I'm so sorry about leaving earlier, Are you guys leaving already?" He asked with a look of concern.