Chapter 24 - "Then Why Are You Blushing?" (Edited)

MARC

"Hey, how was history?" I asked cheerfully as I sat with Jake and Addison at the table we had picked, near the corner of the cafeteria just enough to view what's happening in front of us and for some reason only the three of us usually sat there most of the time but it wasn't always this way.

Actually Jake was in the soccer team and they had their table at the center of the cafeteria next to the populars table which was quite large
and Addison was part of the cheerleading team and they had their table next to the populars too.

I did have other friends before but once we started high school and our school was ranked one of the best in the country a great influx of rich students started coming in and they began to leave slowly for the sake of maintaining a higher status but Jake and Addison stayed and a few others who our friendship had become 'hey' and 'how are you?' but I'm okay with that.

"Boring and annoying... we had to learn constitution all over again because Mrs. Garvey was having a bad day" Jake said digging his fork on into his food.

"Talk about passive aggression" Addison said and I chuckled a little as a little pout made it's way to Jake's face.

"No pressure, just two months remaining and we're done with high school" I said trying to encourage him as I began siping my coke.

"Yeah yeah... I can't believe we have to take different classes" Jake said but this time a bit less angrier.

I nodded in response as my mouth was filled with food at the moment.

"Guys...is it just me or is Daniel looking this way and smiling?" Addison said turning her gaze to the table where Daniel sat among the populars.

"What do you mean?" I asked turning to look at Daniel where he always sat amongst the populars with a warm smile plastered on his face... and some girl who's hand found it's way around his neck.

"Oh my God, he's really looking this way... he's looking at you Marco" Addison said with a tone of disbelief in her voice.

"Maybe he's got more work for you and he's smiling that way like they do in the movies when the bad guy is about to unleash hell on their victim" Jake said a bit dramatic causing us to laugh.

"And he must be some Vampire who was sent to feast on the blood of his target and his smile is so charming- I mean he's so evil his smile kills his target when they look his way" I said stuttering a little.

"Oh is it... really that charming?" Jake said teasingly with a smug on his face.

"Charming in what way?" Addison joined in the teasing.

"You guys are so dirty minded... how did I become friends with you guys?!" I said as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"We love you too Marco" Jake said ruffling my hair a little.

"Hey, that took me sometime to do" I said trying to fix my hair.

Whenever you like someone or say something that has some other meaning without much thought to it Jake and Addison would always find a way to turn it the other way.... including me whenever it fell on Jake or Addison I would join in the teasing and our other friend would have to suffer the moment.