Chapter 62 - Donuts and Bromance (Edited)

There's a change of POV in this chapter

MARC

I wasn't sure why the cloth was covered around my nose, it made me uncomfortable because it brought memories I don't like to remember.

I was surprised to see most of the guys passed out on the ground and even more benumbed at the white fog that filed the atmosphere because once again it brought back memories from the night I was taken.

This was sleeping gas.

I became aware of my surroundings as I felt a hand on mine which pulled me forward in a haste and all I could do was follow.

It took me a moment to realize that we had come outside already and it was Daniel holding my hand.

"Are you okay?" he pulled the cloth he had used to cover his nose down so I could hear him clearly.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I followed suit and wasted no time in removing the cloth. I just couldn't bear it on my face any longer.

We immediately entered into a police car with me entering in first and Daniel following behind while Bryan took shotgun and we immediately drive off.

"Hey man, I'm sorry for-" I was about to apologize to the person next to me who I had not seen earlier because I hit them incidentally, instead I became mortified by who I saw.

Blake.

His face had little bruises and a little dark circle was beginning to form under his left eyes. I felt a lump in my throat as I saw him this way. I feel really guilty right now but I can't say for sure if this is the result for advising him to stand up to his dad or something else. Also, I had no idea why he was with Bryan and Blake.

His eyes slowly shot open as he heard my voice and a weak smile appeared on his face which doesn't reach his eyes.

"I finally did the right thing" he says in a tired voice and my heat sinks.

"I'm sorry" I say in an equally tired voice. I had suddenly lost all the strength I had.

What makes me feel even worse is that I had no idea that it would result to this.

"I'll be fine, don't worry" he says as he manages to give me a more reassuring smile but I can tell he's in pain and at some level I am to blame for this.

He looks the other away and closes his eyes to rest a bit but anyone can tell he isn't comfortable especially in his current condition. I turn to look at Daniel who takes my hand in his and squeezed it a little.

"I know you have so many questions and I do too, We'll make out time to answer each and every one of them but right now, I'll have to take you home first and don't worry, everything will be fine now" He says and gives me one of those warm smiles that makes me feel all kinds of things inside... butterflies included.

"Hey kid, do you want donuts?" The Corp I had not acknowledged asked raising a pastel blue cardboard box which filled my nose with a welcoming aroma.

"No, thanks" I decline because I didn't feel hungry anyways. The sight of the outcome of Blake taking my advice had already made any appetite I had disappear.