Chapter 3 - New Student (Edited)

MARC

I sat in the small lounge outside the room where I had been interviewed earlier.

FLASHBACK

As I walked up into the manager's office at first, I was confident but suddenly my heart started beating fast. I was just suddenly not ready or even sure why I was here in the first place.

"So, want this Job huh?" The manager asked as he looked up to me from his glasses while reading something on his iPad.

I looked around the office trying to distract myself a little. A name plaque laid on the table looking vibrant in its black and white design with the name Mr. Alfred written on it.

Tho I had come here many times but not once have I set my eyes on the manager. I actually never thought he was present at all. With all the revenues generated from this branch, I don't see why one shouldn't have a yacht.

"Y-yes Sir, I want this Job" I said in a hoarse voice. He kept silent and nodded his head.

"Now tell me, do you have any work experience? And clearly, you aren't really old enough for it. We have a policy here"
He said as he looked up to me this time and paying more attention to me.

"N-no I don't have any experience but I can still do the job. I mean... I want this job for my financial issues and getting this job would be a very good help to me" I said and he nodded and went back to whatever he was doing before he looked back up at me almost immediately which almost made me flinch a little, almost.

"I will think about it, go wait outside" he finally said

FLASHBACK OVER

I was starting to get bored waiting for the manager to finally call me back in. I looked around and admired the facility, I could hear the loud music booming out there and people dancing and singing along, I wonder how long I'm going to work here, I thought to myself as I was so caught up in my thoughts, I didn't even realize the manager stood beside me.

"Marc, Mr. Alfred wants to speak with you" One of the employees says to me as he had his bag in hand. Looks like his shift is over.

I quickly stood up and walked into the office feeling even more nervous than when I first arrived. I was getting ready to hear the words 'sorry but we can't accept you'

"Marc?!" He called out to me which brought me back to reality.

"You got the job" he said with a small smile.

"Thank You Sir" I said as we shook hands

"You'll be starting tomorrow by 4pm and go by 7pm"

"Okay, that's fine by me"

                          *

"Hey, guess what?" I asked as I walked over to Jake who was about take his second drink, but I stopped him. Jake was the kind of person who actually loves to drink, If Addison and I weren't his friends, this kid would have been lost by now. I wonder how he even gets perfect grades.

"You got the job?" He asked in a little hoarse voice

"Yeah man, I did"

"Then let's celebrate with a drink" he said as he tried to collect another one

"No no no, we're not going to celebrate with any drink, in-fact let's get outa here" I said as I stood up to go but not until I got a burger.

          *

I woke up very early this morning, and I felt completely different in a good kind of way. You could say I am hyped up for my new Job which didn't start until 11 hours from now. I haven't really told my parents about my new job because I knew would just make them have this bittersweet happiness which I was not really looking forward to witness. I will tell them later but not now.

"You didn't tell me about your new job Marco" Addison said on our way to school.

Today we went to school together because Jake had left earlier already for football practice.

"Oh, yeah I forgot, I'm really sorry, but how did you know?" I asked with a raised brow at her.

"Who else is on that summer camp group of yours?" She asked me with an ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GONNA ACT DUMB? look. I remembered the camping trip we planned last summer but it didn't work out. I also created a group for it and now the discussions there are rarely summer related. I let out a small laughter which sounded very funny it made us laugh harder.

"Does this mean we get a discount or even free food?"

"Nope"

She pouted her lower lip a little.

"That's not gonna work on me" I said and she raised both hands up from the steering we both laughed once more before she zoomed off from the traffic light.

         *

I took my seat in the usual position in the middle of the class where I had both of my friends within arm's length and also a good view of the teacher. The front seat isn't really our thing. We like the little chitchats we had behind the teachers back as he taught and yes, we were caught and cautioned every now and then.

I had begun reading a random book to pass the time since the teacher hasn't arrived. Suddenly, the once noisy classroom filled with teenagers became dead quiet. Was it the teacher?, I don't think so because first periods on Friday's were free. I looked up from the book I was reading only to see a more muscular dude standing in front of the class door with one of the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. It looked kinda like grey eyes, yeah that's it. I think I'll go with that and his hair was packed neatly, and his whole outfit was on fire. I guess this must be the new Student.

wait a minute.... did I just check out a boy?... nahh I'm sure it's just my mind playing tricks with me again.

( nope, I'm not *v* )

Hey who said that-.

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
Like and Comment.

Here's a nice photo of Manu Rios

A nice photo 💜💜💜👍