.two.

The beginning of sunrise alerted the birds and forced them out of their nest

The beginning of sunrise alerted the birds and forced them out of their nest. The baby birds chirped while the parent birds got set on for bringing food for their babies. The warmth of the sun blanketed the mountains, and some of this warmth shined over cities facing the sun. The morning dew slowly got changed to nothing while the lush green grass still appeared to be dewy.

The light from the sun, coming through the window forced Sona to open her eyes. Scrunching her nose, she turned away from the sun and stretched the blanket onto her face. The blanket was soon thrown away as she saw the back of someone facing her. That someone being her husband. Last night, when Devasya came from the shower, he told Sona about their situation.

Apparently, Devasya has rented this house but only the ground floor, the second floor has someone else living on it which Sona has yet to meet. Devasya told her about their sleeping arrangements. This house only has one room too.

Now, Sona knows that this is real life and not a fiction novel but still when Devasya told her about the arrangements, she expected him to tell her that he would sleep on the couch while she could sleep on the bed. But sadly for Sona's fiction-loving mind, there wasn't any sofa or couch in the room. Sona could understand the only one bed in the room thing tho. Devasya was a bachelor so of course, he wouldn't have a sofa or a couch to sit on. Hence, it was decided that they both would sleep on the same bed and it wasn't uncomfortable for them. As all middle-class children, these two have also slept on the same bed with at least 4 relatives so they didn't feel as awkward as they thought it would be, and combined with the fact that both were peace-loving sleepers and not sleep fighters, they both slept peacefully.

Sona looked around the room with observing eyes. Last night she was tired from all the stress and work but now refreshed from the sleep, she began to scan the room quickly. A study table was pushed to a corner with a comfortable-looking chair with it. Sona could see some papers and files arranged neatly beside a lamp. A Pomodoro clock was kept beside a thick file with some binders. Adjacent to the study table, a pot of artificial plant was kept over a grass-like carpet. Some random photographs covered the walls which were of basic grey color with nothing spectacular to gawk at.

Turning her head to the side, Sona's eyes fell upon her husband's sleeping form. Seeing him sleeping quietly and soundly, Sona got to her work. Yawning and stretching her body, she moved towards the window. She shut the blinds to allow Devasya to sleep some more as she knew that he worked till late last night. She took a bright red color saree with her and moved towards the bathroom.

Standing in front of the mirror, she took off the rubber band from her hair and combed her oily hair with her hand. Looking into the mirror, Sona couldn't really differentiate herself from her unmarried self. Yesterday, at this same time she was unmarried and today, at the same time, she is married, and yet she can't find any glow to her face which is said to be on the newly wed's face. Then again she isn't really a newlywed now, this is just an arrangement for her and Devasya.