.five.

"I am home!" Sona yelled as soon as she closed the door. She kept her bag on the dining table and stretched her neck from side to side. Today was an hectic day for her, all day she was at the postings, seeing patients after patients. It didn't help that she got little to no sleep the day before. Sighing, she noticed the lack of response from Devasya. Shrugging to herself, Sona thought that Devasya might still be at the office. She moved towards their room to take some change of clothes.

As soon as she opened the door, Sona saw Devasya lying face down on the pillow, snoring away. She smiled lightly. God knows how much he works, day in and day out, all ever does is work. She just hopes that his hardwork pays off. It feels nice seeing him sleep after month of seeing him only working.

Sona moved towards the cupboard only to come to an abrupt stop. What was a packed suitcase doing here? Sona thought. She moved towards in and soundlessly opened one side,of chain to peek inside, it was full of Devasya's clothes. Sona frowned. Was he going somewhere? Even if he is, he should have told her. Why should he have told her, she had no answer to it. It only made sense that they tell each other important stuff like going out of town so that the other one can have the knowledge prior to their departure. She chained the bag back and took her night suit. Maybe it was an emergency, either way she has faith that Devasya will tell her. Its not like he is running away. Rolling her eyes at her own thought process, Sona moved to the bathroom.

Spraying water onto her face, Sona awaited the familiar coolness to fill her sense. Sighing as she wiped off her face with a towel, she changed her clothes. Sona opened her hair to tie it in a bun. Midway through combing her hair, the bathroom door opened with a sleepy Devasya rubbing his eyes standing at the entrance.

"Hey, you're back?" Devasya asked sleepily. "Yeah, Its been 15 minutes since" Sona replied distractedly trying to comb an angry strand of hair straight. "Oh, thats cool. Can i wash my face?" he asked finally standing straight. "Oh yeah of course. Here" Sona turned away from the mirror and to the side, watching as Devasya washed his face and started wiping it.

"How was your day?" Devasya asked looking at her through the mirror. Sona shrugged and murmured a silent okay. "How was yours?" Sona asked politely. "I was at home the entire day. I have to go to Kerela for a week by the way. I have a meeting with a client" Devasya said moving back into their room.

"Thats why you packed your bag?" Sona asked while tying her hair up with a rubberband.

"Yeah. I will go by a train. It will take some 2 or 3 days max."

"Oh yeah. What time?" Sona did not ask why he couldn't take a flight. Money was tight in their hands and she was sure Devasya wouldn't want to waste it by going through a flight when he could go by a train at 1/4th of the cost of flight.

"7am". Devasya took his laptop from table and sat on the bed, switching the device on. "What do you wanna eat?" Sona asked looking at him.

Devasya looked up, frowning. "Why don't you rest Sona? I am sure you have had a hectic day at college with postings and assignments ." Devasya said softly. Sona came to sit on the bed and sighed. "Yeah it was hectic. Thanks for the concern but we have to eat something right? Its already 7:30 pm and you have an early flight too." Sona said, massaging her feet.

"What is your favourite food?" Devasya asked taking out his phone from his pocket. "Huh?" Sona asked looking at him, feeling drowsy with sleep.

"Favourite food?"

"I really like Chinese. Why?"

"We are ordering take out today. You shouldn't overexert yourself so much. You have exams coming up too, wouldn't want you to sacrifice your health" Devasya said going through the menu of Zomato.