.twenty three.

Sona turned ashen black as soon as she noticed a massive army of enemies heading their way. Soon screams started ringing in the room as soon as others took the notice of the same. Suddenly, there was chaos all around, everyone running away for their life but not Sona.

Sona stood in shock, she didn't realise what was happening right infront of her eyes, as if her body had entered a paralysis state. She stood straight, her eyes wide and lips parted, like she was in some sort of glaze, her fingers trembled, was this the end?

Monika pulled Sona by her kurti and screamed loudly in her ear, the enemy stood closer to them. Monika observed Sona who was standing motionless so she quickly got into action and started tugging away her friend with her. Sona as if being shaken away from a dream, looked at her friend with distress all over her face. Monika screamed again and this time, Sona ran.

She ran with all her might, with all thề strength she had left, with everything inside of her, she ran to come back to her husband, to complete their bucket list.

Love? Yes, they still have to love each other.

So Sona ran. And ran. And ran.

*****

Breaking news coming!

The enemies have attacked the base of the doctors! Reports have it, that many have been killed in this mass killing. Some of them are seen running through the wild forest for their life!

Hello Reporter Manish, what do you have to say on this surprise attack of the enemy?

Yes, yeah. I think this has been done to kill the doctors so that our army will weaken because of nớ immediate medical help they could have been given-

Devaysa's hand trembled, his form crumbling to the ground. His hands covered his ears and the remote fell to the floor loudly.

No. God, no. Not Sona. Not Sona. Not Sona.

please.

please.

please.

****

Sona and Monika huffed and puffed while running, they left behind the building a while ago and were now in the heart of the forest. They ran till they couldn't. Both of them fell down near a huge tree, huffing and trying to take in breaths.

"S-sona, are you alright?!" Monika asked looking at Sona who's face has turned red and looked like someone was choking her.

"SONA, Sona what is it? NO SONA, WAIT"

Monika scrambled towards her friend, kept her face in her lap and continued shaking her.

"I-

I ca-can't breathe!" Sona shrieked while gasping. 

Monika's breath came to a halt. Sona was having asthmatic seizures. Her body went cold. What could she do now? What?

Sona continued gasping and coughing painfully. Monika looked at her and quickly called upon her skills as a doctor, she calmed herself down and breathed in and out. 

Okay she have studied about this and she can, have to, help Sona.

"Okay, Sona sit straight now. Erect. Yes that's it! Yes straight." As Sona tried to hold herself up, Monika looked around to search for a water source. She could hear the rushing of water but could she leave Sona behind? What if the enemy came before she could? Monika have to make a choice,  and it doesn't matter which one she makes, because Sona dies in each one of it. 

Monika looked at her friend and stood up. Quickly running through the forest.

She ran. 

And ran. ran. ran.

Till she reached the source of water, a stream. But as soon as she came to a halt, her feet tripped and she came crashing down on the sharp rocks. She winced loudly and looked at the wound gushing with blood flowing down. 

This is gonna infect. Shit.

But, she doesn't have time for this, dragging herself near the stream, she took out three-four test tubes she had in store of her coat's pocket and filled them up with water, as much as she can.

She turned and tried to walk but the wound hurt. 

She closed her eyes and remembered Sona's face and dragged herself through the forest as fast as she could.

She reached the spot and could see Sona trying to hold herself up. She walked up to her while wincing loudly, and sat near her. She made Sona drink some water first, then sprinkled some of it on her face and neck, she opened up her collar to let some air pass. Throwing away the test tube, she now came to the final and the last step of the process.  Reducing any anxiety or stress, the patient may have. 

"Sona, hey, look at me. We are free now, they are not here. They will never find us, we are safe, see. Sona. Sona, remember about your husband's smile, wasn't it pretty? right?"

Sona smiled admist the pain, painting a beautiful picture of his smile inside her mind. She started to calm down slowly, the gasping becoming slower and slower. Till all was left was the sound of her breathing. 

Monika continued rubbing her hand up and down her back. Slowly. 

As silence settled around them, Monika voiced out her concern.

"Why didn't you tell anyone you have asthma, Sona? They would have made sure you have an inhaler with you all times, if they knew."

"I didn't know either. This is the first time I got a seizure"

"Oh that's-"

Monika stopped short on hearing the sound of footsteps echoing. She looked at Sona with her eyes widening. 

****

Hello! It was supposed to be a double update yesterday, but unfortunately, my draft got deleted, so had to write the entire thing once again. 

What do u think is gonna happen next? Man I can't wait for Devasya and Sona's reunion, bht zyada judai ho gyi ab toh 🥶🥶

See u in the next one, which ig i would update today cus i wanna finish this story now 😂😂