(for her sun)

7 days before Sona's departure

She was merely a wildflower, growing among the weeds. So ordinary. While he? He was extraordinary. He was the sun around which the planets rotated, onto which the milky way depended.

The weed is often overlooked, the wildflower getting thrashed under people's feet. Having no significance of its own, so useless and just...there. However, the sun? It never forgot it, it gave away its light for it to grow. But maybe, the sun did not even realise it, the wildflower did not even matter, for the sun was only following its nature, its habit and its work.

So insignificant compared to the mighty sun, the wildflower is. Sometimes Sona feels she is the wildflower, while Devaysa is the sun. The winter to her summer. Her husband.

7 days and she would be gone. For her duty. Leaving behind her sun, the one who never forgot her. A wildflower deceiving its own helper. But Sona has worked for this, she wanted this. Her sun will take care of her even from afar, his light will reach his wildflower even when he doesn't know about it.

Sona turns around to keep the final clothes inside her bag, zipping it up. Taking a seat on the bed, she picked up her cup of tea when the sound of door opening jolts her awake from her thoughts. Devasya enters the room, in a gloomy mood.

Her sun is sad today. His light has been dim, since she decided she will go. Its as if after looking at her suitcase, his light dims some more, until it starts to feel like a cloudy day for Sona, with heavy, thunder clouds up above her head, ready to burst open anytime.

The wildflower sighs. Missing the light. The sun.

Sona noticed Devasya put some medication and balms, her daily use products in her bag. After the work is done, he came to lie on the bed. The sun has been burnt out.

Sona kept her cup aside, finishing her tea. Keeping her head on her husband's chest, she looked up at him from behind her lashes that day. Drawing random patterns on his shirt. She noticed Devasya clinging onto her dress. Scared.

She turns around and that day, Sona remembers, they both just held each other close. The days were moving faster than they were supposed to, her time with her sun was running out. The wildflower's petal was going to fall off when the sun goes away, it was sure of it.

Sona doesn't know what the future holds, she doesn't know if she will come back to her Sun, or if she will never make it to begin with. She hid something' from her sun that day. That the condition was worst than she told him. She hid it to not take away the remaining light of her sun. She told her Sun, she will return for him, to fulfil their promises, to love him.

But Sona realises, as she writes this, she might already be in love with him. How can a wildflower, worthless flower, not fall for her giver? She has always loved her sun, even when she didn't know him.

But the Sun was never supposed to be anyone's, it was never supposed to be bound. Maybe that's why Sona is going.

The wildflower is going, in a thunderstorm, without her sun and she doubts, if she will every come back.

The useless wildflower, will never see the sun again. right?