.epilogue.

5 years into the future

Sona looked at Devaysa humored. The man in question was running towards the kitchen, with determination on his face. Sona shook her head and sat down on her desk to complete her work.

Devaysa entered the kitchen and shook his head with determination. He will show Sona that even he can make rice.

Rice. Rice. Rice. What is even there to make rice. Its so simple. Ha. He will show her.

Devasya  switched on his phone and opened YouTube and typed, "How to cook rice?" He took one and a half cups of rice. Since he was challenged to make rice the traditional way, he put the rice in a big pol. Firstly, the rice has to be washed to get rid of dust and starch. He thought he won't be able to drain the rice and that it will fall out of the pot. He observed the chef on the screen as he swirled the rice around and used his dexterous hands to drain it, not once, not twice, but three times.Devasya  looked down at the sink and saw less than 50 grains that made their way out of the pot. Suffice to say, he was up to the mark.

The video stated that the key to perfect rice is equal amounts of rice and water. Devasya have heard that professionals don't need to measure everything; they just know what the right amount is. But as this was his first time in the kitchen, he decided to experiment by not measuring the water needed for boiling the rice. He wanted the rice to be firm when bitten, just like pasta. He don't enjoy the texture of mushy rice. It has to have that chutzpah; it has to resist his biting power just for a bit before disintegrating.

After what seemed like 10 minutes, all the water disappeared. He went in to give it a good stir. To his surprise, some of the rice got stuck to the pot. He tried to scrape it off but to no avail. At the same time, there was a burning smell coming from it. He quickly turned the stove off. "What have you done to the kitchen?"Sona  shouted while coming towards the kitchen. However, Devasya managed to ward her off.

When he was done putting the "good" rice on the plate, he looked back at the vessel. Some black part looked back at him. He frowned and looked back at the plate. He took a spoon and took some rice on it to taste it, it tasted-

Well, he might not know cooking after all. He gulped looking at the spoiled and dirty kitchen. His wife might also kill him now. He sighed. Sona observed her husband's changing expression form behind the wall. She slapped her forehead loudly for stupidly allowing her dumb husband to even enter her precious kitchen. But at least she can taunt him for it right? She smirked evil-ly.

***

Devasya sighed sitting on the bed. It was 9 in the night. Well, the morning was eventful to say the least. He looked sideways to see Sona sitting on his desk, doing something, with her glasses on her beautiful browns. He slanted his head to have a better view of his beautiful wife. Her hair was tied back into a bun, with few stubborn strands escaping it. Her lips were tucked back showing her concentration. Her hands continued running through her fallen strands while her leg bounced up and down. She frowned lightly, seemingly reading something unusual.

5 years. 5 years of living with this literal masterpiece. Devasya smiled. Their life changed for the better. Sona was about to finish her super specialisation in Radiology. And Devaysa, well, he was still working but not as much as before. He accomplished his dream of earning well, and becoming a well known name.

Mr.Batra, his mentor, passed away last summer. To say that Batra created a father-son bond with Devasya would be an understatement. They both were bound by hip, which was why Devasya underwent severe depression last year. And he had to take therapy for it. While his wife, his Sona, never left his side. Safe to say, the therapy helped him through lots of his issues, not only the death of Mr. Batra but the pain from his own parents and many things he was never able to tell anyone. He talked about it and it felt like he got a closure. His relationship with his parents might not be the best, but its there, they are happy and that's all he would ever wish for really.