.seven.

Sona swiped up her metro card in the machine. She quickly walked towards the metro, entering it, she took a seat and leaned back. She didn't have the energy to cook today. Sona sighed and looked at the lady infront of her. She was talking on her phone rather loudly.

"Aree aaj kal toh mera khayal hai Shimpi parlour ka kaam kar rahi hai. Haan, aur pata nahi, meri vaise zyada puchne ki aadat nhi h haan."

Sona suppressed her eye roll at the typical old fashioned aunty and closed her eyes. The lady, however, continued her talking without noticing the discomfort and awkwardness of the other passengers.

"Shivangi bata rhi thi ki ye parlour ka samaan toh aata bhi bohot mehenga hai, haaaan, kharcha karne mein toh ye sabse aage hai, huh."

"Kehte hai na aurat hi aurat ki dushman hoti hai, parso maine status par lagaya tha uss din kuch, isne dekha par kuch nhi boli, nah, sawaal hi paida nhi hota. Aree isko bardaash nhi hota koi acha dikh jaaye, kar jaaye. Iski dekha dekhi karne ki bhi bht aadat hai, mera boutique ka kaam hai-"

Sona frowned tightly and took out her earphones and connected some random music to it. Better then having to listen someone gossip. Soon, she reacher the station and got down. Hailing an auto rickshaw, she rested her head onto the backseat.

As soon as she reached her house, she got down, paid the driver and tiredly opened the door. Keeping the bag on the bed, Sona sprawled down on the bed. Soon, she drifted off to a deep slumber.
*****

Devasya frowned looking at his phone. Should he call Sona or wait for her to call him? Why would she call him after the way he yelled at her in the morning? Even when she was so kind enough to cook him his lunch when she didn't have to. Devasya smacked his forhead and laid on the bed.

He looked at the phone again, he should call her and apologise. No. What if she rejects his call? He should call her tomorrow, she will be fresh from all the stress and tiredness.

But, what if she wants him to call her first? Ugh

Devasya got startled when he heard his phone ring, he excitedly turned it in hold, all the while hoping it was Sona, but much to his disappointment it was his assistant calling him.

Urghh.

*****
Sona woke up when she heard her alarm, with the clapping noise, ring. She quickly turned around and dismissed the alarm. Turning her face back to her pillow, Sona let out a sigh. She was exhausted. As of lately, everything seems to be weighing her down and soon, Sona knows, she will hit her rock bottom. The stress from the past few months, since she has got married, has hitting her up. Since the past few months, Sona is working, like a robot. She is tired. Extremely.

The stress of her postgraduate exam coming, the stress of the postings, the khadus professor she has got stuck with last week, the fight with Devasya, everything. Her entire life is undergoing through a tsunami and soon enough, Sona feels, she will drown under the extreme pressure. She squinted her eyes up at the ceiling where the fan was rotating away.

What is even the purpose of her life? Why is she even here? Sona feels like no one ever appreciates her. She is never good enough, never was for her parents or relatives and never will be for her husband, even as his friend. Tears prick at Sona's eyes threatening to spill away at one more self deprecating thought.

Sona remember being in 12th grade, working hard, putting in her day and night, all the time. She remembers even after working so hard, how she failed her school chemistry exam. Sona put herself back up that time by telling herself that she failed because she was preparing for her neet exam. The coaching and the entire different question paper pattern, had her failing in her school exams. However, that thought was left behind soon when her parents were called to school. She remember crying so hard that day, thinking she wasn't made for this world. She remember her parents frowning down at her, asking her what was wrong with her? Why couldn't she pass her school exam even when the syllabus for both, her neet exam and her school exams were same?

The thing was, Sona never got a coaching or tution of any type till she was in 10th grade. Sona was used to studying at her own pace and by her own liking. Then 11th grade happened, and soon she was trying to balance between her coaching tests and preparation and her school attendance and exams. Sona remembered being frustrated at the mismatch of the timing of the topics she studied at her coaching and her school.

However, she maintained her patience. Soon enough, her hardwork paid off and she passed with flying colours in her board exam and also got a government seat in a good medical college.

But what about now? Maybe this phase of her life will pass soon too, it has to right?

****

Sona was cleaning the kitchen when she came across a paper lying on the slab. She picked it up and saw it was from Devaysa. Sona frowned. What else does he want to taunt her for? She scoffed and threw the paper away.

As the minutes clicked away, it became painfully hard for Sona to not read what he has written for her? This has always been the way Sona handled arguments. As soon as the argument was over, she would shut away the person and overthink continuously about anything and everything. She sighed and turned around to pick the paper up from where she had thrown it.

To Doctor Sahiba Sona,
This is Devasya.
I just saw the lunch you prepared for me. And now i feel like a jerk. I am really really sorry for shouting at you the way i did, i had no right and i will never have any right, no matter the condition or situation, to ever shout at you. Treating you this way, has never been my intention.
I am really sorry :(
also, its totally fine if you don't want to talk to me ever again, i understand. I am absolutely ashamed of the way i acted towards you, there you were preparing for my departure since 4 am and there i was, ungrateful as fuck, shouting at you. I feel like i never give you enough credit for how much you do for this house and for me.

I am sorry.
Love, Devasya.

Sona smiled slightly after reading the letter for the 4th time. She sweared she wouldn't talk to Devaysa ever again after the way he yelled at her, but he is a human too and he has apologised. May bygones be bygones. She signed and turned. But soon turned back to the letter. Sona bit her lip and shook her head excitedly.

She ran to her room, picked up a notebook and pen, and started writing away her own reply letter to Devasya. Sona remember watching the Sainik movie, when she was a little girl. How the wives of the soldiers used to send letters to them, Sona always wanted a penpal but never had a chance to look for one. But looks like, she finally found one, who is currently in Kerala.

She grinned and continued writing away.

****
Hello guysssssssss,
How are y'all? I have finally updated 🤕
My exams have just gotten finished and i have a test of my coaching on sunday so im preparing for it too. its hard, life is hard currently.
Just to clarify a few things.

1)this story will not have a villain. Its a simple story of two people depressed as fuck finding their peace and happiness in the other person.
2) this is what my fantasies are made of. this is my dream story, my dream world and my dream characters so please be respectful towards it.
3) i started writing this story because of the fact that there are very few good indian arranged marriage stories on this sites which genuinely have all the good qualities(good grammar and plot line being the no. One qualities [yes i am a grammar freak, bad grammar scares me away]) , I think, a story should have. (its my opinion, no offence)

4)this story is very close to my heart. Devasya and Sona are both part of me, they both have anxiety and social issues, which ik, i haven't displayed clearly but i will, soon enough, i hope.
The aunty talking in the beginning is actually one of a comedy video i have taken from instagram! The username of the person is @dharnaaaaa she is so so so funny! I love her videos😭😭

Also, Please share your opinion guysssss i am literally dying of overthinking whether someone really like this story or not.

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Also, this story just crossed 700 reads, fuck yeah!!!! 🎉 🎊
Please leave your opinions.
Love, me.🫶🏻