.nine.

Sona pushed the door back, causing the old rusty door to squeak loudly.

"Come back safely, Sona!" Her mother in law, Maya yelled from the front door. Sona turned back and yelled a quick yes and namaste back. Maya smiled looking at her daughter, and smiled. For the past three weeks, Sona has been living with them and honestly it was a blessing. Sona was just...Sona. She has brought a wave of happiness and joy in her house, granted that she doesn't talk much but her qualities speak enough.

Sona is so, so, just so polite, Maya has never seen anyone so down to earth and so well mannered. She has been blessed with such a bahu for her son, her son, oh he is so lucky to have her. Maya remember the day Sona came to their house, she was so quiet the whole day, for one instance Maya really thought that Sona didn't really like to be living with them and that thought saddened her really. But, the evening she came back, she cooked food for them. Maya recalled how she asked Sona not to do all those chores but Sona looked at her and nooded, Maya satisfied with her answer, went back to eating her food. But the next day when she woke up at 6 am to see Sona carrying her handbag and backpack with her, Maya quickly walked up to her and asked her what she was doing this early and turned out she had a posting at 7 in the morning.

But as Maya rolled up her hair into a bun to get started with the chores of the house she saw that the floor looked clean, she frowned in suspicion and looked inside the rooms, she noticed they looked clean too, Maya's eyes widened in realisation and she hit her forehead with her palm. She remember when Sona came back, Maya gave her a earful for waking up at 4 am and doing the household chores and not only that but making the breakfast too, but her daughter, Sona, replied innocently that she used to do all of this in her home with Devasya and in her mayka too so why shouldn't she do it here, after all Maya is her mother too, Maya emotionally hugged Sona back, and even shed a few tears, thanking God for giving her such a thoughtful bahu.

But Maya didn't wait anymore to put a full stop towards her bahu' s generosity, she asked her not to do anything and just focus on her carrier, but Sona protested. At the end, a bargain was made, unhappily by Maya and satisfiedly by Sona, the mother and daughter duo decided that Sona would take the cleaning and mopping of the house and the breakfast and dinner was in the quota of Maya.

Maya shook her head at the memory silently. Sona was too innocent, that girl didn't knew how much of a blessing she is to anyone around her. Her husband Rihan, saw his wife in deep thought. He hugged her from the back and whispered into her ear, "what's got you thinking now?"

Maya turned in his hold, hugging him tightly and said, "I am so glad I took Sona as our Dev's bride. She is so nice and everything I ever wanted in my daughter in law"

Rehan tightened his hold on his wife, smiled, and said, "yes, you're right. Sona is a sweetheart, bas ab tumhara beta koi bewakoofi na kar baithe" Rehan laughed as Maya hit him on his back. "Mere Dev ke baare mein kuch mat bolna, dekha hai apne dum par kitna bada business khada kar raha hai, tumhari tarah 9-5 ki job mein phasa nhi raha" Maya said, frowning at her husband.

"Haan, ye toh sahi kaha, ab bas mera beta apni zindagi aage badha le aur hamari phool si bahu ke saath khush rahe toh hum dono bhi chain se apna budhapa kaat sakenge", Rehan said teasingly, knowing his wife hate anything said about her rising age. But as he looked down he saw her sniffling, scared, Reahn quickly brought Maya back into a hug and said, " Arre, jaan, I was just joking, you know that you're still young as ever!"

However, Maya snuggled into his chest more and answered, " Rehan I feel like, I failed, I-i failed as a mother, when he needed me to be his no. 1 supporter, I was opposing his decision of starting his business. Instead of fueling his fire, I was busy adding water to it. He is successful now, don't you remember how that Mishra ji, who is the head of the Mishra Oils and Engines was asking for his number to buy shares of Dev's company. But, but Rehan what did we do, we opposed him at ever corner, at every step towards his success, why were we so blind towards our own son? W-why Rehan?"