.twenty one.

A small unedited update.

The beauty of trusting another human is unmatched. You trust them with a piece of yourself and hope, hope from your heart, that they care for it as you did for it. You give away your time and energy to build something from the scratch. Even though there is ninety nine percent chance that you will end up hurt, you still go for that one percent because of that wretched hope.

Hope. What is its significance? Probably a lie that a human tells its own self when life is hard and they don't know what is going to happen next, so they use this word, hope, to think the opposite of what is going to happen. Such misery, a part of human life. But when the hope fails, then the regret flows through your veins, it burns your heart, makes your eyes hurt. When, finally, you realise how futile this hope was? You wasted an entire part of your life for it? to make them smile, to learn to read their eyes, to make them yours.

Devasya thinks, to hope is to fail. If you want it, work for it. No excuses. However, this time Devasya hopes, hopes against all the odds, for his wife to come home to him. Having Sona in his life, was like having his home in a person. People often ask what is home to you?

For Devasya, home is a smile. whenever he smiles, and his heart feels full, content, and happy, it feels like returning to home. home for him is Sona showing him in small ways how he matters, her hyping him up when he is at his lowest, the burst of joy, that burning of his heart, thất familiar ache that this moment is nớt forever, for him that is his home.

But today, his home is missing. And he doesn't knows where to go now.

His phone lights up with a reminder, Devasya looks at it and a distant memory makes way onto his mind. He smiles sadly.

Sona frowned looking at Devasya.

"Devasyaaaa" She whined out loudly. Her husband has been on his laptop for hours now, and Sona needs his attention, now.

"Yes, Sona" Devasya looked up from the presentation he was working on and towards her with a smile.

"Me want attention" Sona looked at him with puppy eyes, making Devaysa roll his eyes with a sweet laugh.

"Oh now do you? Just a hour more please" Devaysa pinched his wife's cheek and sat back at his place. Sona pouted, feeling sad. She was pmsing, so she doesn't care if she seems desperate.

Sona took her phone, opened her messages to chat with a classmate. yes, she made a friend and he was really fun too so she liked talking. Sona smirked, an idea forming in her head.

Sona
7:59 pm
Send me a voice note asap!!! (asking me how i am and what im doing)

Sanket
8:00 pm
Lmfaooo, why?? 😂😂

Sona
8:00 pm
Pretty pweaseee 🥺🥺

Sanket
8:01 pm
Ok miss, don't cry! 💀

Sanket
8:04 pm
•||·||||-|-|||||||| 0:59

Sona
8:05pm
Okiiiii thank you so much ✨🌻

Sona got to work smirking slightly, and in an innocent voice asked Devaysa, "Dev, do you know where are my earphones?"