.three.

"Complete your presentation by next week

"Complete your presentation by next week. You all would have to do a full ppt presentation in the class with complete examples and thorough research. Make sure you include videos and photographs to make it more engaging. That's all for today. Thank you class" The professor told the students tiredly and went towards the door.

Sona closed her books with a tired sigh. Today has been an exhausting day for her. So many exams, practicals, assignments have made Sona completely worn out. In all honesty, Sona just wanted to go into a forest and enter hibernation-like her favorite animal bear. How wonderful it would be to exist in a world where you have no worries and no responsibilities, only you and your life is what matters. Sona thought dreamily.

But then again, this thought looks good only in thought processes. A Bear or any animal for that matter has to fight every single day just to stay alive the next day. The food, they don't know if they would even have the fortune to feed their belly the next day. Their family, they have to fight, stay alert all the time to not only keep their family safe but also to survive. Sona rolled her eyes internally at herself, damn her conscience, her practical conscience couldn't even let poor Sona dream in peace always making practical but painfully valid points.

"What the hell are you talking about? How can you, Aloke? You have got to be kidding me!" Sona's eyes widened at the screeching voice making her ears ring. "Shhhh, Shut up! Why are you shouting?" The supposed Aloke whined at the screeching. Sona turned to look at them and she could see two people her age were standing leaning on the corridor wall. The boy, Aloke, looked pretty smart-looking. His black hair fell on his forehead messily, his eyes covered with thin-black rimmed glasses, not the nerdy glasses but the hot glasses which makes your eyes look enchantingly stunning, his lips were pulled into a pout making him look adorably cute.

Turning her head towards the girl, Sona's eyes widened looking at her. This girl looked stunning. Her black raven smooth hair was pulled up into a half bun leaving strands of hair to frame her face delicately. The bangs hid her eyebrows and made her look so darn pretty. Her eyes were surprisingly a dark shade of grey and the eyeliner on her eyelids made the grey pop out amazingly. The girl's lips were twisted into a frown and Sona caught her rolling her eyes secretly at the boy, Aloke.

Sona shook her head looking at the duo in front of her. She has heard of them through some people she talked to. They were said to be the inseparable duo of her college. They both have been the top students of the batch for as long as Sona could remember. Beauties with brains, huh.

She turned away from them to continue on her path towards her home. It has been a month since her marriage and her life has been quite peaceful, to say the least. For the first time in a long time, Sona experienced the freedom to live independently. As promised, both Devasya and her performed their duties to contribute to the household chores as roommates punctually.

Sona usually cooked and cleaned while Devasya bought all the groceries and usual daily need things. They both have been regular and honest in their contribution making their life run as smooth as butter. They both talk like acquaintances and do their work and go on with their life. Sona was pretty happy with the way things were moving. She sighed happily. Hailing a cab back home, She turned her attention to her phone to pass the time.

****

"I am home!" Sona heard Devasya yell from the door. "In the kitchen!" She yelled back. "Hi," Devasya said tiredly. He kept his bag on the chair and rest his head on the table covering it with his palm. "Hi, tired?" Sona asked turning to look at him. "Haan." Devasya's voice came sluggishly. "Here" Sona gave him a glass of water, he took it and drank it hastily. "Thankkkk Youuuu" Devasya said dramatically keeping the glass in the sink all the while looking at her, or more specifically, the food which she prepared.

A bowl of arhar daal stared back at him with three separate bowls kept near it. He moved forward and removed the lids of the bowls one by one.

Rice

Mixed vegetable.

Raita.

Salad.

Roti.

This was the dinner for today and Devasya exhaled happily. The day, Sona first picked up the spatula in his kitchen was the day since he ate a fixed balanced diet daily. He was thankful for this change. Devasya isn't much of a cook, only knowing how to cook noodles, rice, tea, and pulao. This forced him to order takeout now and then back when he lived alone. but now Devasya ate flavored, spicy Indian food daily, all thanks to Sona who has been cooking for the both of them since their marriage. Thinking to verbalize his gratitude in words, he turned towards his wife with a smile.

"Thank you for the food, I don't say this enough but I am so thankful to you for the work you do so thank you" Sona frowned hearing this, and moved to her seat beside Devasya on the dining table. Turning towards him, She spoke confused, "What thank you? We already decided that we would do this right? Like taking responsibilities and all that, you fulfill your part of the deal and I fulfill mine."

"Yeah, you're right but the food is something which I think can make anyone 1000x happier so yeah thank you. I love tasty food and your cooking is really good." Devasya spoke distractedly as he mixed the daal in his rice. Taking a cucumber in her mouth and chewing it, Sona took her own plate to serve herself.

Swallowing the cucumber, she said," Yeah, then thank you for bringing soap and toothpaste from the market the other day and bringing extra towels day before yesterday while you were coming back from work and-"

"Ok, Ok! I get it, I get it. Focus on chewing properly Sona, don't talk while eating, you could choke and die. You're the doctor and look at me telling you basic rules of eating food." Devasya said teasingly." Sona narrowed her eyes at him and made sure to clash her teeth against each other hard to make him hear her gritting of teeth. Looking at her dramatically chewing her food and rolling her eyes, Devasya smiled at her and shook his head.

In this one month of living with her, there has never been a day when Devasya wasn't amused and humored by her. This woman was totally amusing and it made Devasya's day a little bit lighter when he got home to cooked hot meals and someone waiting for him. The loneliness he felt while living alone has slightly disappeared making his heart feel lighter. After all, What's better than a hot nice dinner and having someone to laugh with.

Devasya liked this deal so much. It made him feel less lonely, it gave him nice food, it got him to live in a nice clean house always smelling like citrus lemons. Lifting his eyes to look at Sona, Devasya could not help but murmur a prayer silently thanking God for giving him a companion, a roommate, and an understanding human being to live with. Sona was cool with his schedule almost all the time, and he was really happy to be free from responsibility he would have got in a real marriage, he was free to do as he wish without having the fear of hurting anyone.

What more he could ask for? This was enough.