.sixteen.

Sona's eyes were misty and clouded by her tears. She couldn't believe what has happened right infront of her eyes. She has heard the shouting and yelling that took place in the living room. She heard how his father fucking slapped him, for what? For being tired? For being sad? Why couldn't he just ask him what's wrong? Why couldn't he just hug him? Why do parents never understand their children's feelings? Why?

Sona understood Devasya's pain, having the same parents herself. She doesn't pity him, no, she feels his pain, that hatred running through the veins, that hopelessness running through the mind, that thought of ending it all, that thought of just never being enough, even for your own parents. She knows it. She knows it all too well.

She could hear Devasya packing, and suddenly she realised why he lived in the rented 2 storey building . She pretended to sleep so as to not let him know that she heard it. It would make his already destroyed self dignity, more destroyed.

When she was sure that Devasya was out of the room, she sat up and took her phone in her hands, determined to make Devasya feel better. She also had to discuss that incident which took place on mahi's engagement. Why did she have to fall sick yesterday? Ughh

Devaysa quickly cooked himself some food, and ordered a cab on his phone. He then moved inside their room with plate in his hand, he noticed Sona's absence on the bed and sighed. He started eating up while scrolling through his messages. Sona opened the bathroom door to find Devasya eating on the bed, she kept the towel on the chair and moved towards the mirror to brush her hair.

"We are going back, Sona. Pack up, please."

"Alright."

***

The cab stopped outside their house. It was 3 in the afternoon, the sun high up on their head. Sona pulled out her suitcase, following behind Devasya to their home, Devasya entered his study, and closed the door. Sona sighed and took the newspaper wrapped parcel in her hand. She unwrapped it to reveal beautiful sunflowers, peeking at her shyly. Sona kept them onto the slip of the kitchen and got to work. She quickly prepared the batter of pancakes, Devasya's favourite. After preparing them and putting them onto a plate, she dumped it with a lot of maple syrup, again Devasya's favourite. She worked on taking out the fried rice she had kept to cook and quickly, plated them up. Taking out a big tray, she kept the pancakes, the fried rice and two cups of coffee in it. She took the flowers from the slip and kept them on to the side of the tray. Hopefully, she would be able to cheer him up and settle the miscommunication.

***

Devasya's eyes rolled towards his head, this headache was killing him. He sighed loudly thinking of going to his office, to work from there. The talks with his lawer has been going on, and he was confident that they would win the case. Devaysa, however wasn't too sure. He doubted himself, a lot. Taking out negative aspects of the things, and then overthinking about them has been his specialty for as long as he could remember. The opening of the door brought him out of his thoughts, noticing Sona standing at the door. He sighed. Closed his eyes. And cursed.

Rather loudly.

So much so that Sona jerked back in surprise. She rolled her eyes at her dramatic husband and moved towards their bed. Devasya did not even dare to open his eyes. With his hand covering his beautiful hazels from the view, he started ranting.

"I am so so so so sorry Sona, I really am. I did not even know why and how that happened, I swear it was not my intention. I never for once thought about, ever, leaving you alone like that. And something really important came up at work, so I had to go. Wait, I did not mean that you're not important, I just meant that work thing really got me worked up, I don't know what I am even saying, but I am just so sorry, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, I don't deserve it but-"

Sona cut him off with placing her lips on his, he stilled against her. His hands still covered his eyes . She stared at him, noticing the mole present right above his cheek. She smiled against his lips, Slowly, Devasya removed his hand from his eyes, his cheeks taking a pretty cherry red colour. He looked up at her, now standing just a few millimetres away from him, with her own cheeks on fire. She cupped his face in her hand, looked at him for a few seconds before leaning in again. This time to kiss him properly. You know, the type which made Sona's toes curl, which made Devasya's hand move forward towards her waist, which made Sona to tug on his raven locks, which made Devasya pull Sona forward into his lap, which made both of them breathless, which made the butterflies fluttering inside their stomach go crazy, which left both of them flushed and flustered.

Yes, that type of kiss.

***

Devaysa pulled Sona back onto his lap after having the amazing meal she made. The pancakes, god, don't get him started on this woman's amazing cooking skills, especially the coffee that she made, got his headache leaving in seconds. Sona hugged him close to herself, after she made herself comfortable on his lap. Devasya looked back at the sun flowers that Sona gave him oh-so dramatically just minutes before. He smiled to himself. They were beautiful, shining so brightly and heavenly. The petals reminded Devaysa of all the beautiful things in the world. A blush took over his face when he remembered how Sona compared the golden colour of them to his eyes, he can never forget the way she leaned in towards him to kiss his eyes.

They kissed. Yes, that happened. Sona knows it wasn't special like on a beach or an ocean. It was simple, quite and happened in their room. But it was warm, golden and all the colours of the rainbow. It was bright, it brought a warmth to Sona's cold heart. It made her heart beat a little faster, her ears to heat up and her neck and cheeks to turn a pretty red. The kiss was..slow. Yes, it was slow, it slowed down the earth rotating in its axis, it slowed down the time for a few minutes, it slowed down the processes, it slowed down the stars and it slowed down the moon rotating. It slowed down the axis on which Sona's heart beat. She closed her eyes tightly. And smiled.

And that's how the audience saw them. Smiling, for the rest of the night. And, Kissing. To their heart's content.

****
A/N
Couldn't leave our baby devasya sad :) also a much needed convo is on the way! Can't wait to write more after my exam, biee!!

Please leave a comment if you can, it would make my day :)